cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 8851 Phone Password

adamPrimevil
Level 1
Level 1

I have 8851 CISCO phone. UC is running on ISR 4331. Im configuring all settings in router through cli. When I run "create profile" in voice register global to create SIP phones xml configuration, this xml configuration is automatically generated with <phonePasword>Cisco</phonePassword> element. This password is then used to acces Admin Settings on the phone. Where in routers configuration I can change this password?

1 Accepted Solution
3 Replies 3

Rajan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Adam,

You can download the required xml file found in the router using SFTP, modify it using a text editor to change the required password and then replace the file in the router using the same procedure. Once this is done, make sure that the phone is getting the newly updated file by doing a create profile and phone reset.

HTH
Rajan
Please mark all useful posts as helpful and solutions as accepted wherever applicable

Thank you, I know this way, but when I change something in UC configuration and issue command "create profile" the *.xml file is generated again with default password and I have to download it, edit it and load it back. So this is quite annoying. I guess that there is no way how to configure this password permanently through cli.

Thank you anyway