Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 8851 with two lines and two FXO ports

Luc Boudreau
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

just wondering what the best method of having a single 8851 with two lines configured. These two lines need to correspond to two FXO ports on the 2921.

I was going to use translations profiles to change the dialed number based on which line was being used but in practice this doesn't seem to function as expected.

7 Replies 7

So you want call to/from line 1 to use FXO 1 and  line 2 to use FXO 2? If so create specific partitions used in specific calling search spaces that you associate with each of the lines. The partitions should hold the needed call routing information, like translation pattern(s) and route pattern(s) to route the call to each FXO.

Response Signature

Yes that’s right.

do you have examples of the programming to do this? 

Thank you. 

There’s not much to it. It’s just regular partitions, with route pattern(s) and if needed translation pattern(s). The route pattern(s) would send the call to a route group specific for each of the FXOs. For the directory numbers to gain access to the partition you’d put it in a calling search space, one per line.

Response Signature

Is it a CUCM or CME ?

Do you want to map the calls only  for Outgoing or for both incoming and outgoing ?

Response Signature

I need to map for incoming and outgoing

Running CME 12.0

I checked on doing Partitions but it seems like this would only work for the phone as a whole and not individual voice register DNs

Assume that the Extension on Line 1 is 5001 and extension on line 2 is 5002.

Assume that the two FXO ports are Voice-port 0/1/0 and second port 0/1/1. 

For incoming calls on port 0/1/0 to land on 5001 do the below 

Voice-port 0/1/0

connection plar 5001 

And on For incoming calls on port 0/1/1 to land on 5002 do the below 

Voice-port 0/1/1

connection plar 5002

For Out going calls, I would prefer to use different access code to sperate the calls. 

dial-peer  voice 1 pots

destination-pattern 9........

port 0/1/0

dial-peer voice 2 pots

destination-pattern 8........

port 0/1/1

Response Signature

You can disregard what I’ve wrote before as that was based on the assumption of you running CM. For CME you can go the way with COR. For details please see this document. https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice/call-routing-dial-plans/42720-configuring-cor.html

Response Signature