I recently installed a Cisco 8861 phone out of the box. The phone boots and registers on Call Manager but a login window keeps popping up on the phone display asking for a UserID and PIN to "log in to provision this device". I can't find anywhere what the default UserID and PIN is nor how to set it.
How do I get rid of this pop up window?
Thanks in advance!
1. LIke Jamie said are you using TAPS or any sort of auto-reg?
2. Do you have any services active in your cluster that would ask for this like EM and if so is the phone subscribed and configured for that service?
3. have you tried a factory restore on the phone?
4. I just deployed a lot of 8851 and 8861 where I did not encounter anything like this at all so it is something abnormal.
The answer to the questions are:
1. Yes, we have auto-registration enabled (no TAPS-based)
2. We do not have EM enabled.
3. I did a factory reset. Behavior is the same
One of our engineers found and fixed the problem
From CUCM ver 10.5 there is a field inherited from the Auto-registration templare that is assigned to all autoregistered phones: "Idle URL". Since the template is needed for autoregistration to work, I did two things:
1- Removed the Idle URL from the 8861
2- Removed the URL from the default template to avoid having similar problems with future autoregistered phones.