Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 9971 not registering on 10.5.1

clark white
Level 2
Level 2

Dears,

I have a call manager 10.5.1  with 9971 phone which are registering with default device pool  but If I m trying to register 9971 phones  in another Device pool  for example device pool A, they don't register.

In Device Defaults firmware section the device pool selected is Default , is it that is affecting for phones not to register with different device pool.

thanks

5 Replies 5

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When you choose some other DP, that means the Cisco Unified CM Group used may be different. Can you check what Cisco Unified CM Group is being used inside the other Device Pool and then make sure you have selected the required CM servers in it.

Regards

Deepak

Dears,

the DP which I am using for 9971 other than the default is used with 8945,3905,7841 phones also but they face any problem only 9971 is facing problem ??

thanks

Hi Clark,

What message you see in settings --> status messages in 9971 phone. 

Did this phone gets the correct TFTP and CUCM server IP address and shows in the network configuration ?

Thanks

Rajan

sorry to miss the information.

no error messages in the status messages I don't have the logs now but everything showing  success

Did this phone gets the correct TFTP and CUCM server IP address and shows in the network configuration ?

yes.

thanks

Rajan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Clark,

The one you mentioned wont cause any issues in registration. As Deepak mentioned, check whether you have correct servers in the CM group selected in that device pool. Also let us know what do you see in settings --> status messages in the phone.

HTH

Rajan