cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ATA191-MPP Flapping

etetrick
Level 1
Level 1

I have have an ATA191-MPP that suddenly started flapping. It is in a blue light emergency phone located on the exterior of a building. I have tried restarting the device several times with not luck.

It is connected to an Aruba 5412Rzl2. I can see in the logs that the port if going up and down every minute or so.

etetrick_1-1698764404542.png

etetrick_0-1698766185172.png

When I log in to the web interface of the ATA device and look at the logs I see a lot of [firewall_bridge_flood_attack_prevent] messages. They happen every few minutes but I don't really see a pattern with them. Some times they line up with the switchport going offline, some times they don't.

etetrick_2-1698765318198.pngetetrick_3-1698765346947.png

I set up a port mirror and did a packet capture and I see lots of TCP retransmits and dup acks when I am accessing the web interface. 10.50.7.154 is my computer and 10.50.8.67 is the ATA. When I am not trying to access the web interface I do not see any suspicious traffic otherwise so I am assuming the TCP dups and retransmits are just from the port flapping.

etetrick_4-1698765554629.png

It is running firmware: 11-1-0MSR3-9 from Jun 5 2019 and I tried updating it but it failed and I have not tried again yet.

We have another phone that is using the exact same ATA device and is connect to the same switch that is not experiencing these issues.

Any ideas what the cause of this issue could be?

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Upgrade the firmware of the non working to the one which works. Still not solved, you need to do RMA if this is under support.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Upgrade the firmware of the non working to the one which works. Still not solved, you need to do RMA if this is under support.

Response Signature

Thank you for your response,

I should have been more clear. Both of the phones are running the same firmware.

It turns out that the firmware was not the issue. After opening up the phone and testing it at my desk I smelled electronic burning coming from the ATA board and it's clear that it is fried.