cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Business Edition 6k changing unknown Administrator passwords

ckgilliam
Level 1
Level 1

I have inherited a phone system where the Administrator passwords are unknown, I read where in CUCM I can boot to a cd drive and reset Admin password that way will I be able to do this for IM & Presence, UCCX and Unity also?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes the process is same for all the applications, UCCX used to be windows based but since its on linux since 8.5, the process is same for all apps, refer to the guide for CUC (same process applies to all):

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/9x/os_administration/guide/9xcucosagx/9xcucosag020.html

And to be more clear you just need to insert any CD (attach and remove) since you are on UCS, so that the system detects media activity and it will allow you to enter new passwords.

-Terry

Please rate helpful posts and mark thread as answered if you have no other queries

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes the process is same for all the applications, UCCX used to be windows based but since its on linux since 8.5, the process is same for all apps, refer to the guide for CUC (same process applies to all):

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/9x/os_administration/guide/9xcucosagx/9xcucosag020.html

And to be more clear you just need to insert any CD (attach and remove) since you are on UCS, so that the system detects media activity and it will allow you to enter new passwords.

-Terry

Please rate helpful posts and mark thread as answered if you have no other queries

Thanks Terry, Just what I was hoping for.

Is it possible to create an additional Platform admin account?

Yes its possible, use command set account name XXX

Enter privilege 0 (for standard) or 1 for advanced.

Please note the original platform password entered during install has a privilege of 4. The two CLI commands that require a privilege level higher than 1 are the 'show accounts' and 'delete accounts' commands, which have a privilege level of 4. These commands can therefore only be executed by the original OS admin account that was created at install. Only the original OS admin account can create or delete additional OS admin accounts.

See below example to create additional platform password.

admin:set account name TEST

Privilege Levels are:
   Ordinary - Level 0
   Advanced - Level 1

Please enter the privilege level :1
       Please enter the password :

-Terry

Please rate all helpful posts