Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco C3560E-POE48 issue with PoE on some ports

JunaidM
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a Cisco 3560 E Series Switch with 48 PoE ports, all PoE ports were working properly in my office, it happened that we did not used it for about 6 months and when we installed it back in operational environment only 19 interfaces worked as PEO and 29 ported did not worked on POE.

All ports are working good with data traffic but for PoE I are facing serious issue as I have to resolve this issue.

Anyone please help for the resolution , will be thankful if it could get resolved.

Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I have found the issue in the power capacitors. That are not working or faulty for this reason they were not working.

Thanks you all for the support.

View solution in original post

25 Replies 25

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

we need more information :

show version

Show power inline

show run

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi,

I have attached the requested items please see.

Regards,

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

based on the out i do not see any issue - but i did not see any device connected and PoE supplied as per the power output.

You have - Available:420.0(w) Used:0.0(w) Remaining:420.0(w)

based on that you need calculate how many device you need to connect, when you connect each device - like 15 working, 16th one not working you need to issue the same command to view power available.

post below out put see any controller issue ?

# show controllers power inline

BB

I have already reset this switch and removed all configs everything is on default but still it did not worked.

I have attached please see "show controllers power inline"

@JunaidM  check out that currently connected devices are not using all of the watts switch provides.

I have not connected any other device as the switch is placed in my desk to resolve this issue so I just connected it to my Interface GigabitEthernet0/2 this port is not working from 29 ports, I have shared a list of working and not working ports in my first post as well.

At Interface GigabitEthernet0/1 it works fine but in Interface GigabitEthernet0/2 it do not work, only data traffic is fine but PoE is not working in gi0/2.

Please advise.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
12.2(46)SE

12.2(46)SE on a 12-year old appliance.  
Can you post the complete output to the following command: 

sh post

I've attached the #show post result please look at it, seems fine.

What I can do to trace this issue or get into know that for which reason these ports are not working.

I am not going to ask to do a TDR because the firmware the switch is running on is not "ideal" to do a TDR.  

Its fine Leo, I've taken the tdr results and attached please see.

Interface gi0/1 is fine with PoE and Interface gi0/2 is not working as PoE, so I've shared both with you to check if you can see any strange thing.

Based on the TDR result, the fault is the cable nearest the switch.

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Your outcome show all open - but you have not addressed my other question, you mentioned some device able to get PoE only certain ports not getting Power? what was the utilization of power at that time?

read Leo good document well explained to test :

https://community.cisco.com/t5/networking-documents/how-to-use-time-domain-reflectometer-tdr/ta-p/3119327

BB

I have read can you please let me know is this OPEN status is fine or not what you say?

Is it needed to be in Terminated as what I understand Terminated means "the link is up"

or

it should be NORMAL in status to work?

Please let me know if you can advise me for something to resolve this issue.

Look at the config below, I have connected IP Phone 7945 in gi0/4 which is fine with PoE and below is status:

Switch#show cab t int gi0/4
TDR test last run on: March 01 01:32:37

Interface Speed Local pair Pair length Remote pair Pair status
--------- ----- ---------- ------------------ ----------- --------------------
Gi0/4 1000M Pair A 5 +/- 1 meters Pair B Normal
Pair B 2 +/- 1 meters Pair A Normal
Pair C 3 +/- 1 meters Pair C Normal
Pair D 3 +/- 1 meters Pair D Normal
Switch#

but upon connecting at gi 0/2 PoE is not working and status is showing below:

Switch#show cab t int gi0/2
TDR test last run on: March 01 01:35:42

Interface Speed Local pair Pair length Remote pair Pair status
--------- ----- ---------- ------------------ ----------- --------------------
Gi0/2 1000M Pair A 3 +/- 1 meters N/A Open
Pair B 3 +/- 1 meters N/A Open
Pair C 3 +/- 1 meters N/A Open
Pair D 3 +/- 1 meters N/A Open
Switch#

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: