Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Contact Center Express 10.5

Yannick Vranckx
Level 2
Level 2

Dear,

I have a question regarding the best practices of the Contact Center Express: A Cisco TAC engineer will continue to say that shared lines aren't supported. The shared lines we are having are between phones & jabber clients, is this really not supported?

We tried to migrate a customer from Call Manager 7 and CCX 7 to CCM 9 & CCX 10.5 but it didn't work, after some time no one was able to login into the Finesse at some points. After some troubleshooting we noticed that LRO had been enabled on the servers, it has now been disabled but the customer has lost faith a bit and wants us to migrate piece by piece.

Every time we run into an issue with TAC they say that shared lines between phones & jabber clients are not supported, is this then never supported on any CCX release ?

Kr,

9 Replies 9

Maybe is not TAC supported, but I have my Directory number in my phone (7960) + Jabber for windows + Jabber for android, this last one is a pain cause the jabber version is not compatible with ALL the phones.

Once I was playing with Jabber and I remember to have two jabbers with the same directory number and two different computers with no problems.

What doesn't work is having multiple jabbers logged with the same username.

As "best practice" I'm not an expert, but I preferred to have a hung-group or similar that shared extension.

Hope this helps.

Rolando Valenzuela.

j.huizinga is right! I thought of a CUCM environment! my bad! in UCCX is not possible to share extension.

Really sorry for the confusion.

Best Regards.

Rolando Valenzuela.

j.huizinga
Level 6
Level 6

Don't think that in UCCX you can't have shared lines, was since the early days of UCCX when it was called IPCC

So I never done that

JH

But this is what i don't get

Say you have your extension on your phone which is also member of a contact center group.

Say that user has a CSF aswell for their Jabber Softphone mode, does this already pose a problem.

What's the possible impact of this issue?

We are trying to migrate a customer from UCCX 7 to 10.5, but there have been some issues with the Finesse. After a couple of days no one was able to login into finesse and the server did not respond. We noticed that LRO was enabled, and i remember this having to be disabled at some point. Cisco itself says that from RedHat 5.0 this doesn't need to be disabled anymore, but the bug lists in RedHad itself says otherwise. So we disabled that by safety

Everytime we get into touch with TAC they say, Shared line isn't supported, but it was configured the same way in UCCX 7 and there was never any problem.

Do you guys have some experiences with the finesse login for the new UCCX 10.5, what are your thoughts around it? 

Unfortunately no :( I was pushing at the office to get finesse, but cause it was not integrated with v9 they said no :( hahahahha

Now, what I can said is that the extension must be logged ONLY in one device in order to UCCX to recognize it, no matter if it is a hardphone or a softphone. At work we uses extension mobility and to avoid problems with that, I configured auto-logoff on all other devices when an user logged in.

Why do you need both? is any special requirement? have you tried with a test user that only has or hardphone or Jabber, but just one?

Regards.

Rolando Valenzuela.

So when the user is at the office, he'll be logged in to his deskphone, when the user works from home he will be logged into Jabber and use finess like that.

But every case you open, the TAC engineer will say: You configured a shared line, but it isn't active? So we cannot have users in a contact center work from home with a jabber client? We had a user that wasn't able to login into Finesse and all the TAC said was that the shared line was the issue, we removed the CSF and the problem was still there.

We have a feeling that Finesse isn't that much a finished product and that from TAC we hear that we cannot use a jabber client for a homeworker, because then he has a shared line with his deskphone & jabber client (only 1 is active at a time). We fear that the customer will just shut this down and start using something else.

Due my lack of experience with finesse, I'm running out of options :( sorry.

Let me start mumbling...

I'm wondering how they login into the phone, if for example they uses extension mobility or something else, this may be a different mechanist that the one Jabbers uses and Finesse cannot recognize one or the other.

I dont remember if Cisco Agent desktop was removed from v10 (I guess it does) but in the case I'm wrong, have you try using it?

You said that after removing the CSF the user is still unable to login, what about creating an user from scratch only with hardphone and try to login? if that doesn't work, I suggest to talk with TAC and ask them to fix this new users who had never has and will not have shared extension, so they cannot complain.

Sorry for not be more useful

Rolando Valenzuela.

Maybe make two different numbers, a contact center number and a personal number. This is what I have done. The contact center number, nobody knows and you don't care and a personal number where you can be reached by your colleagues.

Shared lines in UCCX can give strange behavior or not working at all, don't know the technical reason why that is. Just never created shared lines when I did UCCX installations

JH

tonyperla
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi KR,

I wanted to mention that while reading your post, you mentioned that you ran into issues caused by LRO being enabled.  From what I understand, LRO was an issue found within ESXi 4.1. 

UCCX 10.5 is not compatible within an ESXi 4.1 environment, it must be housed within an ESXi 5.0 or higher environment.  This may be the cause of your issues.

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Virtualization_for_Cisco_Unified_Contact_Center_Express

Hope this helps

Tony

Please rate helpful posts

Please rate helpful posts
Thanks,
Tony