cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco cucm Call Manager

yalcinsoft
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I am using cucm 12.5. How can I forward external calls to an extension number? thanks

6 Replies 6

If I understand correctly, you want to forward calls from a specific PSTN caller ID to a specific internal number. You can use one of the processes documented in the links below. The document talks about blocking calls from a specific CLID, but can be adapted to have that CLID redirected to a specific internal extension by changing the Translation Pattern from a blocking pattern to one that changes the called party (In the section "Called Party Transformation" on the translation pattern) to the desired internal extension.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/collaboration-knowledge-base/block-incoming-call-based-on-the-caller-id-using-translation/ta-p/4767042 

If you have a SIP Trunk you can also use a SIP Profile on your router/CUBE to capture a specific caller ID and modify the called party, or you may be able to capture the call on a dial-peer level and translate the dialed party.

Google is your friend on this task as there are many documents on this topic.

Maren

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Configure the applicable forward settings under the directory number page.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

You’re not very detailed in what it is you want to achieve. IMHO there are many different ways that we can interpret your question. It could be as simple as you want an extension to ring when a specific DID number is called. For this there are a few different ways to achieve this. It could also be as @Maren Mahoney interpreted your question where a specific external caller number should be set to ring a specific extension in your system. Or it could also be as @Jaime Valencia interpreted it that you want to setup call forward on a specific extension. These are all very different things, so as you see there are at least three different interpretations of your question. Can you please elaborate on what it is that you want to achieve so that we can better help you?

Response Signature

yalcinsoft
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you very much for your time. For example, my company number is +800xxxxxxxx. I want the calls coming here to be sent to the 1111 extension. My operator number is 1111.

You can do that in a number of ways. Two option comes to mind straight away, either you use voice translation rules/profiles in the voice gateway and translate the number directly in IOS, ie before you send the call to CM or you create a translation pattern in CM that you put into a partition that is visible in the CSS used as the inbound CSS on your gateway/trunk and then translate the called number to 1111 and send the call out via a CSS that has visibility of the partition where you have the 1111 extension.

Response Signature

Jerrytech1
Level 1
Level 1

To create a Translation Pattern you will need to know what DNIS is being pulsed in by the carrier if it's a toll-free number and not a DID.