Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IOS Voice Gateway Integration with Rightfax version 10

fuhrersk8
Level 3
Level 3

Hello guys!

I am trying to find documentation of how to integrate and troubleshoot a Cisco 2921 Voice Gateway with a Rightfax server version 10. All is IP based. The scenario is the following:

PSTN (SIP Trunk) <----> Cisco 2921 (Ethernet) <----> Rightfax server

Basically, the Rightfax server was previously integrated with a Cisco 2800 voice gateway but it was replaced by the 2921 and now Rightfax is not able to send or recieve faxes. On the Rightfax the IP address of the gateway was changed in order to point to the new Cisco 2921 voice gateway.

The partial config of the Cisco 2921 related to Rightfax and fax in general is as follow:

voice service voip

fax protocol t38 version 0 ls-redundancy 2 hs-redundancy 0 fallback pass-through g711ulaw

!

no ccm-manager fax protocol cisco

!

mgcp fax t38 inhibit

!

dial-peer voice 7 voip
description Outgoing DialPeer To RightFax
preference 1
destination-pattern 7876
session target ipv4:10.199.100.18
session transport udp
dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric
codec g711ulaw
fax protocol t38 version 0 ls-redundancy 2 hs-redundancy 0 fallback pass-through g711ulaw
ip qos dscp cs3 signaling
no vad
!
dial-peer voice 8 voip
preference 1
destination-pattern 7879
session transport udp
codec g711ulaw
no vad
!

Thanks in advanced for your help and support!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Cotto,

you need to play:.

In RightFAX DOC Transport Module,in BrookTrout ,Advanced  , Brooktrout configuration Wizard,IP Stack[u will get menu] , u get option of H.323, SIP, Both(SIP and H.323} and NONE.Select the H.323 Radio Button there.

regds,

aman

View solution in original post

19 Replies 19

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Nephtali,

I think the integration is fairly straifgh forwward

PSTN--SIP---CUBE-----H323----rightfax

or

PSTN--SIP---CUBE-----SIP----rightfax

or

PSTN---SIP---CUBE----CUCM--SIP---rightfax

I can see that you have decidec to use h323 to right fax...Which is okay...

To troubleshoot you will need to look at

1. Is the voice call setup completing succesfully with the right codecs

debug h225 asn1

debug h245asn1

debug ccsip messages

debug voip ccapi inout

2. Then is voice call is fine you can go ahead to troubleshoot the fax negotiation

debug ccsip messages

debug h225 asn1

debug h245asn1

debug voip vtsp all

debug fax relay t30 all-level-1

NB: You need to ensure that the codec on the sip leg is also set to G711ulaw..You also need to ensure rightfax is negotiating G711u

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Message was edited by: Ayodeji oladipo Okanlawon

Thanks for your suggestions.

Hi; is there any document (Cisco) or configuration example for the integration of an IOS Voice Gateway and Rightfax for the PSTN--SIP---CUBE-----H323----rightfax model?

Thanks again for your suport!

Hi ,

Try doing what Mr. Aokanlawon has suggested.

Also,as u have mentioned , you are not able to send/receive  faxes after u have changed the gateway model.

This could be the case of Toll Fraud Prevention introduced in Cisco IOS 15.1(2)T

Please refer the link for configuring Toll FRaud prevention or to bypass it since u would be using

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_tech_note09186a0080b3e123.shtml

to disable Toll Fraud ,use command

voice service voip
 no ip address trusted authenticate

regds,

aman

Hello Aman and thanks for your reply. I've already had confgured in order to allow all connections:

IP Address Trusted List:

ipv4 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0

Toll Fraud Prevention should not be blocking the call. Also, the IP address of the Rightfax server is on the trusted list since it is configured on the dial-peers that route to Rightfax.

Thanks again for your support!

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What documentation do you want? I have told you how it works. Its simple dial-peer configuration. If you want to know how to configure sip dial peers or h323 dial-peer, then that information is every where online. If its sip trunk config on cucm then read the admin guide. If you need right fax doc, then go to rightfax

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Hello. I understand. I am trying to find a document like for example documents that explained how to integrate CUCM with CUCxN and CUCM with a h323 IOS Gateway, etc. That sort of documentation. Thanks again for your help. I think the problem lies more in the Rightfax server side, since some kind of confguration needs to be done in order to change the IP address of the new Voice Gateway (I am not the Rightfax server administrator). Also, the Rightfax tech told me that if the call leg to the SP (PSTN) is SIP, then the dial peers to the Rightfax server should be SIP also. I dont think that is correct. What do you think?

Thanks again!

Hi Cotto,

I have worked on a different scenario where Call manager comes in setup and older version of Right FAX 9.x

We have used SR-140 .In Brookrout configuration Tool---IP Control Modules -SIP. On the right side u get option of entering IP addrsses in Primary Gateway followed by SIP port 5060 under IP parameters . In Contact Address u mention IP address of FAX server.

Please check if this helps.

regds,

aman

Thanks Aman and thanks for your comments. I will verify as you mentioned. If I want to set up h323 on the Rightfax server, where this is configured on the server (adding IP address of Voice gateway and the h323 parameters)?

The connection to the old voice gateway (Cisco 2800 router) was h323 and it was working as intended. We replaced the Cisco 2800 with the new Cisco 2921 IOS Voice gateway and configured the dial peers that pointed to the Rightfax server identically as it were on the old Cisco 2800. Also the connection to the PSTN is now a SIP trunk using g711. On the old router it was a POTS interface.

The Rightfax tech changed the ip address to point to the new gateway and if I call to the Rightfax number it gets answered by the Rightfax server with the usual fax sound. But when trying to receive or send faxes no fax is either send or recieve.

Righfax dial peers are as follows:

dial-peer voice 7 voip
preference 1
destination-pattern 7876
session transport udp
codec g711ulaw
no vad
!
dial-peer voice 8 voip
preference 1
destination-pattern 7879
session transport udp
codec g711ulaw
no vad
!

Thanks again!

Hi Cotto,

you need to play:.

In RightFAX DOC Transport Module,in BrookTrout ,Advanced  , Brooktrout configuration Wizard,IP Stack[u will get menu] , u get option of H.323, SIP, Both(SIP and H.323} and NONE.Select the H.323 Radio Button there.

regds,

aman

Excellent. I will verify. Thanks again for the great support.

Hello. Just to update, when sending from Rightfax Im getting recive error (Phase B). What this mean?

Hi Cotto,

Were u able to configure RightFAx as H.323?

Are u using FAXUtil to send faxes and able to receive faxes?

regds,

aman

Hello Aman;

Yes, I configured the Rightfax Server as an H.323 gateway but still unable to send/receive faxes to/from PSTN. It is interesting because I am able to send faxes to Cisco ATA's registered with the internal CUCM 9.1 but unable to receive faxes from those same ATA's.

The error on the Rightfax server when trying to sen is phone line error.