Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP Communicator Changing MAC adrress

most_diaa
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I have problem with Cisco IP Communicator 8.6.3.0 I changed my laptop and I changed the mac address on  Communicator but it didn't work 

and I got message on the display "Configuring IP"

Please support

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

yahsiel2004
Level 7
Level 7

1 - If you changed the IPC MAC address, make sure that the VoIP administrator changes this MAC address in Call Manager. Both sides need to be the same.

2 - If the IPC is showing "Configuring IP", that means that IPC is unable to obtain an IP address from the DHCP server. Verify that your laptop can obtain an address, from the DHCP server.

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

View solution in original post

Chintan Gajjar
Level 8
Level 8

please try clearing ip comm config,

go to settings press **# on the screen and press erase. also check the same mac is added for the phone in CUCM.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

yahsiel2004
Level 7
Level 7

1 - If you changed the IPC MAC address, make sure that the VoIP administrator changes this MAC address in Call Manager. Both sides need to be the same.

2 - If the IPC is showing "Configuring IP", that means that IPC is unable to obtain an IP address from the DHCP server. Verify that your laptop can obtain an address, from the DHCP server.

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

Chintan Gajjar
Level 8
Level 8

please try clearing ip comm config,

go to settings press **# on the screen and press erase. also check the same mac is added for the phone in CUCM.

Sir i have one cisco Ip Phone issue . could i change the Mac address then the whole configuration taking by the New Ip Phone . Only mac address i can change or need some more configuration to change.