cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP Communicator (softphone) Sends Call To Voicemail When User Pushes Button to Answer Call

bwolf
Level 1
Level 1
CUCM System version: 9.1.2.14900-14
Cisco IP Communicator 8.6.3.0

We have a group that uses a shared extension. The users have their own direct line on their softphones and then they have the shared extension below that.  I have one user of the shared line who can answer calls on her direct line fine.  But when a call comes in to the shared line and she hits either the "answer"softkey or the "Line 2" soft key (next to the line on the screen), the call immediately goes to voicemail instead of being answered.

Any other person using the shared line can answer it just fine.  I even added the shared line to my softphone and I was able to answer a  call to it fine be either hitting the "answer" softkey or the "Line 2" softkey next to the line on the screen.

At first I thought it was just a case of she's not answering it fast enough, so it's going to voicemail.  But I tested about 10 times, making calls to it and hitting "answer" or "line 2" on the first ring, no luck.  We can let it ring 3-4 times without answering the call before it goes to voicemail. So, I don't think the issue is her not answering the call fast enough.

We have re-installed softphone and reconfigured (copied a known good softphone of another user of the shared line).

I can't find any info out there for a situation like this, but I understand I just might not know how to word the issue right to find help.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

3 Replies 3

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you configure another DN as the 2nd line does the same thing happen? Or only with this shared line? Have you tried the latest version of IPC - 8.6(6)?

Brandon

Can you generate RTMT traces to see whats happening when hits answer key

bwolf
Level 1
Level 1

We pretty much gave up on this issue, issued her a different laptop with softphone on it and it worked fine.  So we didn't isolate the issue, but we figured it was something with the laptop.  We are going to reimage it and see if the issue still persists.

Thanks all!