Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP phone 7942 Miss call/Received Call/Placed call no record

terrychow123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a Cisco IP phone 7942, user reported to me that her phone cannot keep the record for missed call/placed call/received call.

Have tried to factory default and change another phone for user but still have the same problem.

Our CUCM version is 10.5.1

and the user's phone is SCCP42.9-3-1SR3-1S

Thank you for your help

7 Replies 7

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Terry,

Can you compare the Device pool and switchport config of this 7942 with another working phone and make sure they are the same. If the issue started after any firmware upgrade or downgrade then try reverting to the same version and test.

Manish

Hi Manish,

I have checked that this 7942 phone is in the same device pool and config with others, also they are using same firmware version.

The strange is that the same user has problem even she change to another physical phone.

Since the issue is following user, I am assuming that he/she is using EM if this is the case then can you check if Log Missed Calls option box is checked or not on the DN level in Device Profile. if the user is not using EM, then can you try deleting and recreating the user and then check.

Regards

Deepak

I agree with Deepak, if the issue still persists I would recommend opening a TAC case.

Manish

Hi Deepak,

The Log Missed Calls option already selected in the Line Appearance in the phone config.

Log missed call disabled in Line page , That was the issue in my case

Hi,

Please erase the ITL file on the phone

On the phone go to Settings > Security > Trust List > ITL File > **# (to

unlock the settings) > Erase. The phone will reset.

Then please restart the TFTP service on call manager. Let me know if it helps.

Aseem