cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP Phone 7945 (Black screen and Speaker light stays solid green)

ipcam.iss
Level 1
Level 1

I have this problem on 10 ip 7945G ip phones, after a power interruption while working properly. The screen stays black and the speaker light stays on. I have read several threads about this problem and tried different methods, but I still don't see anything in the TFTP log.

I have a testing mockup where I have a pc ( ftp and dhcp -->option 150) and a Juniper EX2200-C Switch. Other models of bricked IP phones I have been able to restore them, but with these 7945G it has been impossible.

Any solutions would be very helpful.

Best regards,
Laura

5 Replies 5

I don’t think it as a firmware issue. It seems like a hardware fault.

try resetting the phone by 123456789*0# option 

Response Signature

I have already tried the soft (123456789*0#) and hard reset (3491672850*#) and nothing.The phone

stuck with black screen and speaker button on (solid green color).

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yeah try doing a factory reset as Nithin suggested, or raise RMA

Found a procedure here - https://amyengineer.com/tag/cisco-bricked-phones/

Looks like the memory got corrupted..

Hope this Helps

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution"***

RMA isn't an option. Phones are not under warranty for RMA.  

Any other help?

I have run into this issue with the 7942 models and found no way to restore them.  Being that the 7945 is end of life, as you mentioned RMA is not an option.  I have chalked it up to just a dead phone and have read the same in other forum posts on this.  Sorry. We have slowly been doing phone refreshes to SIP 7800 series models and purchasing them from a 3rd party as refurbished.  Much less expensive and some will offer a 5 year warranty on them.