Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP Phone 8832 Firmware Install on CUCM

thmawia94
Level 1
Level 1

hello every one .

I have a new cisco 8832 conference phone but the device is not show on the devices menu wen trying to create new device. so I google it and find this link :

https://www.cisco.com/web/software/282074288/144996/cmterm-8832.12-5-1SR1-4-readme.html

my CUCM

System version: 11.5.1.10000-6

I downloaded the file 
cmterm-8832-sip.14-0-1-0201-171.k3.cop.sha512
but I get this error :
Name does not match any filter pattern.
000.png
so I downloaded the old version 
cmterm-8832-sip.12-8-1-0101-482.k3.cop.sgn
01.png
but I get another error
A valid upgrade file must be provided before an upgrade can be started.
02.png

I also Trayed the manual Method and install the .Zip File and upload all the files to the FTP 
03.png

But Still Same Problem the Device Not Showing 

So How Can I Solve This 
2 Replies 2

To use sha 512 file you need to install ciscocm.enable-sha512sum-2021-signing-key-v1.0.cop.sgn

For CUCM To show 8832, you  need to install latest device package .Not the Firmware file. 

Response Signature

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Adding the FW for a certain device all you're doing is adding the FW files to the TFTP, which you can also do manually instead of using the COP file, the outcome is the same, you just add the files to the TFTP.

Adding a new device to CUCM involves modification of the DB so all the related elements are created in the proper tables and tied together, adding a phone FW DOES NOT do any of that.

In order to get new devices in CUCM you have a few options:

A) Upgrade to a version which natively supports the device

B) Install a DevPack which would add FW for a bunch of devices but also has the DB changes required to support new devices (Read the READM/RN of the DevPack)

C) For a handful of devices there have been device enabled COP files which would do the same changes as a DevPack and add support for that specific device, this is often seen with 3rd party devices and a few Cisco devices.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/compat/matrix/CMDP_BK_CCBDA741_00_cucm-device-package-compatibility-matrix.html

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate