Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco IP phone call site to site not clear

mohamed sebaey
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

i have Hq site and other 2 branches . Hq is connected to site A with L2VPN 16 M and Hq connected to siteB using L3VPN 6M . Our cluster is centralized and all  2 branches are registered to my HQ through WAN connectivity. HQ able to call Site A and Site B so clear , but site A and site B call sometimes clear and other times not clear . No firewall in between , no WAN connection between Site A and B . Call flow
site A- Hq -siteB
Site B-Hq - site A

i tried to use under region codec G711 between two sites , and even G729 but still same issue. My issue the call become not cleat and so interrupted between Site A and B. The issue happened randomly between Site A and B for some calls .

Any help

thanks

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you have QoS for voice??

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

hi

thanks for your help. Yes , we have QOS . The bandwidth is more enough between sites , as i mentioned above 16M between HQ and Site A , and 6 M between HQ and Site B.We have QOS for LAN and over WAN between sites . Is there any other reason ?. i checked the phone stream and the outgoing call use the correct codec G729 .As i said before the problem sometimes happen and some time no. Any advise.

thanks

Have you checked the link utilization reports just to ensure no bandwidth crunches, also what is the jitter level for the bad calls..

Hello,

One more thing, are users use IP Phones or soft Phones? (CIPC, Jabber) ?

Regards

Regards, Mohamed Helmy

I agree, you'd be surprised how many times you think that is enough BW, and how often it is not, because your users are using it all up for something. Backup procedures, sending files back and forth, etc.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: