cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco IP phone can support this feature :when i leave desk, i can lock my phone ,and not ask others to dial from my phone

fq_z1999
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All:

user use CM7.1, i want to know if cisco IP phone can be locked by password or other way when i leave desk so that other can not dial number from my phone ?

7 Replies 7

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

When the user steps away from the desk/phone the user can Log Out.

Bell:

three questions

Q1:then if new added device profile has same phone number and partition and CSS with my current phone ?or also need assign different extension number and Partition and CSS from my current phone number if i  need  make a call just after log in with device profile ?

Q2: if i can not log in ,i can make call yet ?or i must log in ?

Q3: after log out ,if i can make call yet ?

A1: You can use the same number/pt and line css if you want. But that doesn't solve your specific use case. You would need the phone to have a different (more restrictive?) configuration when the user is logged out.

A2: That depends on what you want. For instance, you can leverage FAC and force calls from a logged out phone to use FAC to go off net. That same phone can be configured to allow on net calls, 911, etc. Or, you can block all calls. Or you can allow all calls. Totally flexible.

A3: I don't understand the question. The behavior after you log out is the same as before you logged in. IOW, the answer is the same as A2 based on my interpretation of the question.

HTH.

Regards,

Bill

Please rate helpful posts.

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Bell:

really thank u for ur help.

A1: You can use the same number/pt and line css if you want. But that doesn't solve your specific use case. You would need the phone to have a different (more restrictive?) configuration when the user is logged out.

Q4:Cisco IP Phone can realize  user must enter username and PIN code firstly , orelse CM do not accept any dialed number ?just like TDM PBX,if i can not ask user to dial any number on cisco IP phone that is available ,including emergency call, local extension call?

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What leolaohoo (+5 L) is referring to is the Cisco Extensiion Mobility feature. With EM you can configure a device profile for your IP phones. Users can log in with the profile. When logging in, the user has to provide a username and PIN. You can set EM to auto-logout a user based on a timer and/or you can educate your users to log themselves out when they walk away from the phone. Pretty simple to roll out and has other benefits such as allowing the user to log in at another phone in another location.

Here is a URL on the topic:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_1_2/ccmfeat/fsem.html

HTH.

Regards,

Bill

Please rate helpful posts.

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Thanks for the rating Bill. 

grebac.2ring
Level 5
Level 5

Hello..If your users do not move around, then you should consider PhoneLock module that's part of 2Ring IPPS. Extension mobility asks the user to enter login and password. With phone lock, the user only enters a PIN code. You can read more at www.2Ring.com/IPPS and even request a free trial.