cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISR4321 CME12.1 SCCP auto registration not working

critchey880
Level 1
Level 1

We have a Cisco ISR4321 router that had CME10.5 on it. We recently purchased a service contract and upgraded the IOS which upgraded the CME12.1 which allowed us to be able to auto register SIP phones (just for testing purposes). While the SIP auto register works perfectly now the SCCP auto register fails to work.  It seems like the commands in the telephony service are messed up and I am trying to figure out if I am missing something or there is a bug on this CME or what is going on.

According to the documentation it is saying I should enter:

auto assign 1 to 42

this returns % Ambiguous command:  "auto assign 1 to 42"

I see there is an auto-register, like in SIP, which does actually show up both in the show running and show telephony if I do auto-register 1-42.  However, when I enter the command, I get *Jun 27 14:57:30.890: %PARSER-5-HIDDEN: Warning!!! ' auto-register 1-42' is a hidden command. Use of this command is not recommended/supported and will be removed in future.

And the phones do not auto-register. 

Again, I know people will say that you should not auto-register but we are simply using this router to test phones so we do not want to have to enter MAC addresses just to make for that purpose it makes no sense.

We do have a support contract so if there is some bug I can see please let me know.  If I need to raise a ticket I will be happy to do so but figured I would ask here before doing so.

19 Replies 19

Yes I do see 16.6.3 "Second Rebuild from Polaris Extended Maintenance Release Everest-16.6.1" and it is one of the suggested versions.  I will give that a try.  I truly appreciate all the help.  Very odd that IOS and CME version do not match as I did not think that was even possible.  I will send in a support ticket and also downgrade and see where I am at.  Again thank you for all the help.

I downgraded to 16.6.3/CME12.0 and everything worked perfectly. Thank you so much for all the help.

16.6.4 [7/9/2018] and 16.7.2 has the SCCP (telephony-service) "auto assign ..." working still.

16.8.2 [9/28/2018] and 16.9.1 [7/18/2018] (along with 16.9.2 [11/7/2018]) still have the feature broken...

% Ambiguous command:  " auto assign .... "

You end up with SCCP phones that Auto Register but without a DN assigned to a Line button.

If you try and configure it like the Auto Assign for SIP devices it still does not create a temp dn for the ephone.

(auto-register [WORD  starting DN number for auto registration])

Just an update...

So far it seems that the last version that supports this without an error/issue is still 16.7.3

All current and previous 16.8, 16.9 versions give the same "% Ambiguous command:" error when trying to configure it for SCCP Devices. Never fixed and Never comes up in a Bug List for any of them. Even though it HAS been reported to TAC with Case #'s for each major version chain and minor version update.

Update:

It DOES look like it's fixed in version 16.10.2...