cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Licensing help

G3261
Level 4
Level 4

Hello All, I have no idea why Cisco has made this task such a difficult thing to do.......I bet you can take 3 months course on CISCO licensing only. Here is my question---I have got a CUCM 9.1 (old) and I am trying to find out how many licenses are in use currently? I tried ELM page but that doesn't work because of a bug in this version. When I login to Callmanager, it only shows how many devices or whatever are using licenses but I am not sure where I can go to find out how many do I have? When I login to CUCM, I do see an error 'this is operating with insufficient licenses....'..

How can I find out how many call manager licenses, types etc do I have right now? Thank you everyone

1 Accepted Solution
11 Replies 11

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can only get that information from ELM, no other way.

CCMAdmin only shows what is being used, not how many licenses were installed because that's ELM's responsibility.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thank you Jaime....

Mike_Brezicky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
The licensing is uploaded and pulled from the ELM server. If you are having issues accessing this service, I recommend calling TAC to get that sorted out.

do you think they would help? My hardware is old and not under warranty.

so there are no other ways to find out current number of license even by cli ?

Ashish Patel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Using those comands Jamie said you may be able to find licensing. Other options

- rebuild ELM separately maybe if you still have the software?

- remove some devices to see where you getting overage to bring system back into compliance.  You cant buy any other licenses so not sure what your plan is then because CUCM 9.1 is obsolete

- Look to find the UUID (Unique ID) from ELM if you can and see if you can get a history against that UUID

- Look back for all the emails from cisco licensing with attached lic files?

Thanks

ashish

Response Signature

we will be upgrading soon but for now I may need to remove some devices to see what happens! Thanks for you help..much appreciated. Not sure why this simple thing is so complicated :)

Have you tried different browsers?  I had a similar issue, unable to access the ELM web pages, a couple of years ago, in fact I had a TAC case at the time.  TAC identified a bug and sent me a COP file, but in the event I found I could access ELM from Internet Explorer on Windows 10 (not Edge).  In the end I did end up applying the COP and it fixed the issue.  

Bug is here ... https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCul30396

I will give it a try on win 10...thanks for your suggestion

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: