cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco MPP Phone to 11-3-7 firmware and hardware compatibility question

DCLumen
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, we are working on upgrading our Cisco MPP phones from Current firmware version: 11-1-2MPP-351 to New firmware version: 11-3-7MPP000-272. One of our Cisco 6851 phones (CP-6851-3PCC-K9 MAC 4C710C4Dxxxx) would not upgrade. It got stuck in a upgrade loop and would not update to the new 11-3-7 firmware.

Question, can the new 11-3-7 firmware be applied to any Cisco MPP hardware or does it need to be a certain hardware and/or firmware level first? We have only seen this issue on the Cisco 6851 model. We currently have one 6851 phones that will not upgrade but one that has successfully upgraded.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Retry the Upgrade, New software must be working on all 6851 hardware. There is nothing i found regarding the hardware dependency  on release notes and read me note of the firmware version your mentioned.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Retry the Upgrade, New software must be working on all 6851 hardware. There is nothing i found regarding the hardware dependency  on release notes and read me note of the firmware version your mentioned.

Response Signature