Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Session Management Edition-SME licensing query

Gaurav Singhal
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Experts,

I have a query for SME licensing. As SME uses CUCM software, what licenses are required on that CUCM cluster that acts as SME cluster and how do we enforce SME license?

We did an install for a customer and got SME license, but when we applied it on SME-Publisher, we got node and feature licenses updated. DLU is still showing Demo. Are we good with this or we need some other license for the “Sessions”?

Also we still see demo license warning when we log on to CUCM.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Regards

Gaurav

2 Replies 2

pbarman
Level 5
Level 5

Please let us know if you already got an answer on this from any source. I have the same question.

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

The CUCM-SME edition is basically a CUCM without phones attached to it. What you need for SME is the SME license which basically determine how many call sessions you have over your SME and node licenses. I believe you will need session licenses. Did you order that with your SME server? You are getting DLU demo license because you have not added any DLU license and rightfully so since you will ne be adding any devices to the server you do not need any DLU. I believe you are good to go

Please rate useful posts

"For the love of God is broader than the measure of man's mind And the heart of the Eternal is most wonderfully kind"

Please rate all useful posts
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: