Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unified Mobility Licenses

jacinto1m
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We want to configure the Sigle number reach feature in our call manager, and I was wondering if when I configure Cisco Unified Mobility in the CIsco CM, then I would need to buy adjunct licenses for the second (mobile phone) device?

Do I need any other licenses?

Thanks in advance for your help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I am not aware of license requirements for CME besides the typical phone licenses. I don't think specific features are licensed on CME yet.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Gue,

You need to buy licenses.

Just go through this explainnation which will help u for understanding.

Licenses for Cisco Unified Mobility

Checking the Enable Mobility check box in the End User Configuration window triggers licensing to consume device license units for Mobile Connect. The number of device license units that are consumed depends on whether you assign the end user an adjunct device, that is, a desktop phone, for example, specifically for Cisco Unified Mobility. You assign the end user an adjunct device for Cisco Unified Mobility by choosing a device from the Primary User Device drop-down list box in the Mobility Information pane in the End User Configuration window, not by clicking the Device Association button in the same window.

Before you enable Mobile Connect, consider the following information:

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration does not allow you to assign the same device for Cisco Unified Mobility to multiple users.

When you plan your configuration, determine whether the user uses both a desktop phone and a cell phone. If the user uses both a cell phone and a desktop phone, make sure that you assign an adjunct device to the user after you enable Mobile Connect in the End User Configuration window.

The device that you assign serves as the adjunct device; that is, the device, such as a desktop phone, that the user uses in addition to the cell phone for Cisco Unified Mobility.

If you enable Mobile Connect and fail to assign the end user an adjunct device for Cisco Unified Mobility, four DLUs get consumed, as indicated in the Mobility Enabled End Users row in the License Unit Calculator window.

If you enable Mobile Connect and assign the end user an adjunct device for Cisco Unified Mobility, two DLUs get consumed, as indicated in the Mobility Enabled End Users (Adjunct) row in the License Unit Calculator window.

If you enable Mobile Connect and later decide to assign an adjunct device for the feature to the end user, the system credits you with two DLUs, as indicated in the Mobility Enabled End Users row in the License Unit Calculator window.

For example, if you enable Mobile Connect, forget to assign the end user an adjunct device for the feature, and click Save, the system consumes four DLUs. If you then assign the end user an adjunct device for the feature and click Save, the system credits you with two DLUs.

If you delete the device from Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration or remove the assignment after you enable Mobile Connect, two DLUs get consumed after you delete the device or remove the assignment, as indicated in the Mobility Enabled End Users row in the License Unit Calculator window.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_1_2/ccmsys/a02licen.html#wp1119043

regds,

aman

In addition you did not specify which version of CUCM you are running as the license needed with version 9.X are slightly different from prior version.  With version 9 all you need for RDP user is just a UCL basic license.

HTH,

Chris

So in CUCM 9.x no adjunct license is needed?

There is no concept of adjunct licensing in version 9.X.  If CUWL is not in place then each user requires either Essential, Basic, Enhanced, or Enhanced Plus license based on phone type owned, number of devices owned and types of features used.

HTH,

Chris

Ok, so I understand then that the only requirement on CUCM 9.x is to have at least a UCL Basic license, right?

Correct, for a user with Single Number Reach only UCL basic, if the user has SNR and 69X1/3905 phone then Basic is still OK, if other phone model then UCL Enhanced.

Chris

Hi Chris,

One last question, how is it in CME, are any additional licenses needed? or it is just needed to configure the feature in the router and that's it?

I am not aware of license requirements for CME besides the typical phone licenses. I don't think specific features are licensed on CME yet.

Chris

Gr8 learning...

regds,

aman

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: