Helpful
Replies

Cisco unity connection call handler- 10.5

rramlal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am trying to configure an auto-attendant to work with the below sequence:

Welcome to company X, press 1 to dial an extension, press 0 for operator.

Press1--> Dial your four digit extension.

I have tried many things but I am unable to get this to work. Can someone advise what can I do to get this to work. I have asked the customer to re-record the prompt to allow extension dialing during the greeting but I don't know if the recording will be ready so soon.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You have to do nothing, by default a new call handler will allow you to dial a number for transfer...

Set caller input to another call handler, and simply have them dial the DN.

The only things you need to check are your restriction tables and the CSS for CUCM integration.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Call Manager Setup:

Setup the DID number as CTI RP extension with call fwd all set to voice mail.

Unity Connection Call Handler:

In CUC create a system Call Handler. Name it something like "Auto Attendant"

Go to Greetings>Standard> Edit the below settings:

Caller Hears : Nothing

During Greeting: Check the option "Allow Transfers to Numbers Not Associated with Users or Call Handlers"

After Greeting: Select Conversation "Caller System Transfer"

Unity Connection Mailbox:

Now create a mailbox for the DID extension. Once created modify the below:

Go to Caller Input:

Select 0>Call Action> Transfer to Alternate Contact Number > Extension 1000 (your operator ext)

Check the "Ignore additional Input"

Select 1> Call Handler> "Auto Attendant" (the one created above)

Go to Greeting and modify below settings:

During Greeting:

Times to Re-prompt Caller : 2   (this will play the greeting 3 times if no selection is made - chose according to your needs)

Delay between Re-prompts*: 2

After Greeting:

Call Action: Hangup

Go to System Settings>Restriction Tables

Uncheck the option with *  (make sure you block all Long distance, Intl patterns manually, if you are in US its done for you but if you are somewhere else or use a different access code apart from 9 you will need to re-create according to your region)

System Settings>Advanced>Conversations:

System Transfers: Confirm Number Before Transfer: Uncheck this if you dont require (this is checked by default and will confirm the number before user is transferred something like you dialed 2000 press 1 to proceed, I don't like it and uncheck to disable this extra step)

I think that pretty much covers all. You can also provide this mailbox extension and PIN to customer and have them directly record the greeting there, instead of recording/uploading if that works for you.

Let us know if you still have any issues, you shouldn't have with all the detailed instructions though :)

-Terry

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You have to do nothing, by default a new call handler will allow you to dial a number for transfer...

Set caller input to another call handler, and simply have them dial the DN.

The only things you need to check are your restriction tables and the CSS for CUCM integration.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

This response was to vauge, what do you mean by set caller input ?

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Call Manager Setup:

Setup the DID number as CTI RP extension with call fwd all set to voice mail.

Unity Connection Call Handler:

In CUC create a system Call Handler. Name it something like "Auto Attendant"

Go to Greetings>Standard> Edit the below settings:

Caller Hears : Nothing

During Greeting: Check the option "Allow Transfers to Numbers Not Associated with Users or Call Handlers"

After Greeting: Select Conversation "Caller System Transfer"

Unity Connection Mailbox:

Now create a mailbox for the DID extension. Once created modify the below:

Go to Caller Input:

Select 0>Call Action> Transfer to Alternate Contact Number > Extension 1000 (your operator ext)

Select 1> Call Handler> "Auto Attendant" (the one created above)

Go to Greeting and modify below settings:

During Greeting:

Times to Re-prompt Caller : 2   (this will play the greeting 3 times if no selection is made - chose according to your needs)

Delay between Re-prompts*: 2

After Greeting:

Call Action: Hangup

Go to System Settings>Restriction Tables

Uncheck the option with *  (make sure you block all Long distance, Intl patterns manually, if you are in US its done for you but if you are somewhere else or use a different access code apart from 9 you will need to re-create according to your region)

System Settings>Advanced>Conversations:

System Transfers: Confirm Number Before Transfer: Uncheck this if you dont require (this is checked by default and will confirm the number before user is transferred something like you dialed 2000 press 1 to proceed, I don't like it and uncheck to disable this extra step)

I think that pretty much covers all. You can also provide this mailbox extension and PIN to customer and have them directly record the greeting there, instead of recording/uploading if that works for you.

Let us know if you still have any issues, you shouldn't have with all the detailed instructions though :)

-Terry

Many thanks to you both.