Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity Connection, personnal greeting is not getting played

gobidurai
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

In CUC 8.0.3, for my extension I enabled "Alternate Greeting" with my personal recording.  After when i test dial the number's voice mail (from DN call forward all to VM), system plays the Alternate greeting with system's default greeting (i.e. the extension <ext.no> is not available...)  instead my personal recording.  However when I check the VM box settings it tells my current greeting is Alternate Greeting followed by my personal recorded message.  Also in the CUC page (users ->  Edit greeting (alternate)) also " My Personal Recording" option is choosen.

Could anyone pelase suggest if any other configurations I need to check?

9 Replies 9

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

Does it show;

Cheers!

Rob

"When it comes to luck you make your own  " 

- Springsteen

Hi Rob,

Yes, it is enabled with no end date and time,  I also tested altering After greeting (Call Action -> Hangup/Restart greeting/Take message) options, i can conrim the alternate greeting is invoked during voice mail.  But no personal recorded message.

Regards,

Durai

Hi Duraisamy,

Was the recording done via the phone or was it uploaded? If it was uploaded make sure you meet the codec requirements:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-22016

Regards,

-Deivet

Hi David,

Thank you for the update. It is via Phone; As it is part of our client network, first i dialled the VM pilot number (PSTN number) then entered to VM box and recorded the greeting (alternate greeting).

I am checking this by dialing the DN (DID) number which has CFWDAll set to VM.

will go through the document and check if any codec issue.

Hi Duraisamy,

In that case i would say that you do the recording via the Media Master Tool Bar with the record button and see if there is any different behaviour, or upload the WAV file.

Regards,

- |)avid 

davrojas
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Duraisamy,

Does the config look like the screenshot below:

Also are you able to playback the message from the media master toolbar ? See screenshot below:

Regards,

- Deivet

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

I'm curious if the user logs into the voiicemail TUI does the system

remind him/her that their Alternate Greeting is active?

Cheers!

Rob

"When it comes to luck you make your own  " 

- Springsteen

Hi Rob,

Yes,  after logged in I can hear like my current greeting is "Alternate" greeting (with personal recording).

Regards,

Durai

Hi All,

Just to update,   Earlier I recorded in English (United States, option 2), when I try to record a greeting in English (United Kingdom, option 9) it works and the sytem playes the correct personal recording message (Alternate greeting).

In the server's system settings -> general configuration, system default language (&TTS language) is set to English (UK), Recording Format is g.711 mu-law.

Now again I tried overwriting the Alternate greeting in different language but still only the English (UK) greeting is played.  I tried changing language setting in the Edit User Basics page and in the Alternate greeting's page but it doesn't help.

But when I test it in media master I can hear all the recorded greetings based on the language is selected.  So does it confirm it is due to codec issue?

Regards,

Durai

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: