cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco voice gateway pri e1 UK

whanson
Level 2
Level 2

Anyone have config for E1 connection in United Kingdom that works.  as always thanks

Bill

9 Replies 9

mmoulson1
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Bill,

Have a look at: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3/vvf_c/interop/intcnf1.html

What is it you are having problems with?

Hope that helps!

Matty

No problem. Customer wants to ship a voice gateway to UK and I would like to get it right first time.

Bill

OK Bill,

If you use MGCP the config on both the call manager and gateway is pretty straightforward.

What version of CUCM are you using? And what gateway?

Matty

Just need to know if there are any particular differences with UK PRI E1 in terms of ISDN switch type or anything else that might be different from a straight run of the mill ni2 24 channel T1

Oh yes, it's different all right. Actually, to be fair, the rest of the world outside the US/Canada is probably what I would describe as run of the mill, and its the US/Canada that s different. However, that's just me being a European I guess

switch type is generally primary-net5 through most of Europe.

This should get you started.

card type e1 0 0

network-clock-participate wic 0
network-clock-select 1 E1 0/0/0

!

isdn switch-type primary-net5

!

!

controller E1 0/0/0

pri-group timeslots 1-16

! (replace with the number of timeslots you have on your PRI)

!

interface Serial0/0/0:15

no ip address

encapsulation hdlc

isdn switch-type primary-net5

isdn incoming-voice voice

no cdp enable

!

voice-port 0/0/0:15

translation-profile incoming

no vad

cptone GB

bearer-cap speech

!

HTH. Barry

Barry,

You are a peach. So no need for overlap receiving or anything special. Sorry for sounding egocentric. It’s a bad habit of the people from the colonies.

Bill

Hi Bill

A pleasure. Best of luck with it.

Barry

Barry,

Target has moved. It turns out they really had bri not pri but they don’t want bri so they found someone to do SIP. My experience with SIP on cube is that each vendor has its own implementations that vary. This vendor just said nope just send everything to this ip address no credentials no nothing and it will work. Have you had any experience with SIP in the UK

bill

Hi Bill

Yeah, done a few, and they are all different like you said. BT last time I checked don' t have a commercially available SIP service and it is in beta, so unlikely you're using them.

We almost always end up using IP based authentication and SIP-UA never seems to work well on IOS. Haven't met a SIP vendor that doesn't use some form of authentication, however I assume it is possible.

Biggest issue we have faced is of DTMF. Basically just have to try every combination until you find one that works. MTP on the trunk between CUCM and CUBE also seems to work better than not having it.

HTH. Barry