Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco wireless phone 7925 upgrade problem

markus.gewehr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi again,

i tried a firmware upgrade on my phone to version 1.4.8.4 which I downloaded from cisco but it seems not to work.

After I choose the Tar-file from my pc it starts to upgrade and when it should be finished it starts again with same procedure.

it looks like a loop. After I watch on the phone it´s still the old firmware. I tried this with connected USB-cable and without with same result.

what is the problem?   see pics

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Maybe the phone is configured in CUCM to load the old IOS.

Thanks, can you please explain further which settings in the CUCM we have to change.

At a first look I couldn´t find anything except the "phone load name" which says CP7925G-1.4.1SR1

At a first look I couldn´t find anything except the "phone load name" which says CP7925G-1.4.1SR1

That is what I'm saying. 

You're trying to manually upgrade the phone firmware to 1.4(8), however, the phone-specific configuration found in CUCM shows the phone must load 1.4(1)SR1.  So the phone boots up with 1.4(8) and then joins CUCM.  CUCM configuration forces the phone to downgrade to 1.4(1)SR1.  

If you want to upgrade the firmware of the phone, change the settings on CUCM and make sure the firmware files are found in CUCM.  And don't forget to restart the TFTP server.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: