cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements
120
Views
0
Helpful
2
Replies
f.kirstein
Beginner

CLI transfer

CUCM 7.1.3   MGCP Gatways.  All calls coming into campus from PSTN first touch the CUCM.  If the extension caller is trying to reach is not on the CUCM, but on the old Rolm 9751, call is routed over another MGCP PRI to the Rolm System.  PSTN > CUCM PRI > ROLM.  Although the originator's CLI is something to the affect 5184431234, it appears as 7168881234 on the Rolm The 716888 is the college area code + exchange.  I assumed the PRI between the CUCM and ROLM is doing a called party transformation, but I don't see on the PRI configuration.  On a CDR dump, the CLI of the originating call is correct, however the dialed number is now the 7168881234.   The significant digits for the call from the PSTN to the CUCM is 4.  Significant digits from the CUCM to the ROLM is 4 also.

 

Where do look to see where the college prefix is replacing the CLI area code/exchange?

 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Gordon Ross
Engager

First, do a "debug isdn q931" on the PRI to the ROLM to confirm that CUCM is sending out the translated CLI and that it's not the ROLM doing something clever.

 

If it definitely is CUCM doing the digit manipulation, follow the chain of Route Pattern -> Gateway/Route List -> Route List Details to see if you can see where the Calling Party is being altered.

 

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Gordon Ross
Engager

First, do a "debug isdn q931" on the PRI to the ROLM to confirm that CUCM is sending out the translated CLI and that it's not the ROLM doing something clever.

 

If it definitely is CUCM doing the digit manipulation, follow the chain of Route Pattern -> Gateway/Route List -> Route List Details to see if you can see where the Calling Party is being altered.

 

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

View solution in original post

Gordon -

I did have a 716888XXXX prefix on the PRI that handled the original incoming call and outcalled to the 2ndary Rolm Switch.  Part of my confusion was tracking the detail of the call via CDR.  When the 716888XXXX mask was in effect the calls in CDR listed outbound calling number as the 7168881234 (ie).  When I removed the prefix, the CDR outbound listed it as NULL so I thought the CLI was not going through when in fact it was.

 

Thank you for your help with.

Create
Recognize Your Peers
Content for Community-Ad