cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CM Upgrade 8.6 to 9.1

haltervk
Level 1
Level 1

I am running CM 8.6.2, I am upgrading to 9.1.2 I have the license and the media to ugrade.
I have applied all pre-9.0 licenses. I will not be using IPv6
I have around 350 phones total.

I have the following 3 Nodes
Publisher 7825-I5 at my location.
Subscriber 7825-H3 with 6 Gig of RAM at my location.
Subscriber 7825-I3 with 6 Gig of RAM at a remoted location.

Here are my questions
1) Will I need to apply any COP files?
2) Does the 7825-H3 caution "no option to revert to previous version", also apply to my 7825-I3?
3) On my, remote 7825-I3 server, if I have the 32Gb thumbnail drive and the DVD both in the server,
   can I remotely upgrade the server with no one at the remote location to assist me?
4) Durring the upgrade of my publisher, should I boot the the new version or back to the existing verson?
   (I will not upgrade my subscribers until after the publisher has finished)

Thanks

Ken

3 Replies 3

Hi

Please find as per the below link i

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/cucos/8_6_1/cucos/iptpch7.html

After you Confirm you have the new licenses, as new licenses are required,

please upgrade the servers as below,

* upgrade the call manager publisher (without restart)

•      To upload the files please follow these steps,

++      From Cisco Unified OS Administration page , the option Software Upgrades >> Install/Upgrade

++      For upgrading from a CD choose DVD/CD from source drop-down menu

++      For upgrading through an FTP server, choose Remote Filesystem, and in the server field, insert the IP address of the device that is running the FreeFTPd server application,

++Make sure that you upgrade without restart to keep the upgraded version in the inactive partition after the upgrade is complete, and make sure to switch version only after all nodes are upgraded.

* upgrade the call manager subscriber (without restart)

* switch version on publisher you can use the following command,

utils system switch-version

* switch version on subscriber,

UCCX and CUC should not be affected, just make sure that AXL users are not changed, and that they are compatible with the new call manager version,

if you have CUC and UCCX 8 then it is compatible.

and don't worry, the way how CUCM upgrade works,

during the upgrade call processing will not be affected, and the new version (9.1) will be saved in the inactive partition, so nothing will affect the current version, even if anything went wrong with the upgrade. the current version will NOT be affected

and for any reason or problems with the new version, you can always switch back to 8.6 with one command,

in the upgrade process, all information will be stored, you will not lose anything.

i hope this has been helpful,

Thank you

please rate all useful information

Hi Ken,

[+5] to Kamal.

a. there is no need to install any COP files.

b. you can do rollback from 9 to 8

c. you can do remote upgradation but ideally physical presence is required to avoid any unknown  issues .

d.upgrade all your servers in cluster to new version and then, switch over to new version.

License migration , u can refer the link.

https://communities.cisco.com/docs/DOC-30825

regds,

aman