cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME 4.2 / Exchange 2010 UM / MWI

jpodplesky
Level 1
Level 1

I have CME 4.2 and Exchange 2010 Unified Messaging working great, but am lost with MWI. On each of the phones button 1 is the incoming pots line. I have unified messaging configured to pick up this line as a general mailbox. It works fine from both internal and outside callers but no mwi. The second line of each phone is the designated ephone-dn and ephone. I would like to configure MWI to light on either a message from line 1 or line 2. Is this possible and if it is can someone throw me a hint or 3?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jack,

I'm sorry but I can't help with your overall MWI issues, but this is the config to light the MWI for

secondary lines with CME;

In Cisco Unified CME 4.0 and later versions, you can designate a phone line other than the primary line to be associated with the MWI lamp.

Step 1 

enable

Example:

Router> enable

Enables privileged EXEC mode.

Enter your password if prompted.

Step 2 

configure terminal

Example:

Router# configure terminal

Enters global configuration mode.

Step 3 

ephone phone-tag

Example:

Router(config)# ephone 36

Enters ephone configuration mode.

phone-tag Unique sequence number that identifies this ephone during configuration tasks.

Step 4 

mwi-line line-number

Example:

Router(config-ephone)# mwi-line 3

Selects a phone line to receive MWI treatment; when a message is waiting for the selected line, the message waiting indicator is activated.

line-number Ephone line number. Range is 1 to 34. Default is 1.

Step 5 

end

Example:

Router(config-ephone)# end

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks for the info Rob. That will definately come in handy once I get MWI working. Right now I don't have any MWI activity. So once I find out how to configure lighting the MWI I should be good to go with what you provided

Thanks!