cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME & analog phones

valides007
Level 1
Level 1

Hey i have an ATA186 connected to a CME. From any phone you are able to call the analog phone interfacing the ATA, but the outgoing call from the ATA doesn't work. I don't hear dial tones.

any ideas?

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

which FW on the ATA ?

the ata030100sccp04021.zup is loaded on the ATA

Hi, can you try ATA030203SCCP051201A ?

That's the latest and I use it without issues.

i uploaded ATA030203SCCP051201A, it doesn't seem working though. I'm still facing the same problem, no outgoing calls-no dial tones.

Did you ever figure this out? I have one out there behaving the same way, and I see we have the same starting load, and never get dial tone, but can receive calls on the phone, have two way audio - I just sent them to go find a plain old analog phone, because we were getting uneven results placing calls to the device with his butt set attached (sometimes gave busy when not off hook), but now I am nervous we have a bigger problem!

Mary Beth

Hi Mary,

No dial-tone is bad, can ultimately mean defective hardware. Anticipate the unit may need replacement.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: