Views
Helpful
Replies

CME and DNs without assigned to ephone

Rene Mueller
Level 5
Level 5

Hello!

Is there a way to configure a dn with all functionallity without assigning it to an ephone? In the past I recognized, that if there is a ephone-dn configured and not assigned, some featues like call forward or night-service bell is not working!

Any ideas?

Thanks

Regards                  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What functionality do you expect? Some can't be had without a phone. Call-forward all works, and that is one generally needed.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What functionality do you expect? Some can't be had without a phone. Call-forward all works, and that is one generally needed.

What I need is cfw night service, which is not working.

Can't say why it doesn't work, as you didn't provide any more details, but it should.

Thank you for the nice rating and good luck!

Let me know what details you need and I will list them.

Where reportin problem, one needs to post version, config and traces outputs at times.

However I can't assure that I will have the availability of ability to resolve your issue (or any other in this forum)

I don't really have an issue, I just want to know if there is another way than using ephone-dn's to register lines in cme. Because night-service is not working whenever the ephone-dn is not assigned to an ephone. That is a bug in the ios...

Maybe it's a bug in the specific version you're using, because as I've mentioned before, I've seen cofigurations that do precisely that with the so called "floating extension", and it works.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: