cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME MOH: trying to use "messaging on hold".

mm7482
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer who runs "commercials-on-hold" and had a Bogen Pro Hold connected to their old PBX. I have since migrated them onto a CME network and am attempting to provide them a solution without having to buy an E&M VIC.

I had the commercial recording studio create their commercial in a WAV file: G711, 8-bit, 8 Khz sampling rate. The file sounds fine when I play it on my laptop WINAMP but when I load onto flash and use it, the quality is terrible.

I thought it was possibly being distorted because the originally file was coded for loud volume so I edited it with an audio editing tool (WAVEPAD) to half volume, but the problem persists.

Does anyone have any thoughts regarding this or has any experience. I'd appreciate any and all input.

Thanks,

Mike!

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

can you confirm that the recording is done with mu-law? A wrong compand type would cause the symtomps of severe distortion.

Tony Huynh
Level 4
Level 4

Can you verify if you hear the problem both when you put ip phones on hold and when you put the PSTN user on hold? Also, just wondering if you can test record a new prompt really quickly using Adobe Audition (formerly CoolEdit pro)?

jpm122
Level 1
Level 1

I ran into the same problem converting audio files into the specified file format. We ended up using the dial-in admin function to record all of our AA prompts from an IP phone extension, I then re-named the files in flash and they sound crystal clear. Any way you can just record the commercial this way?