cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME-SRST License

Mohamed Gaber
Level 1
Level 1

As I know, on ISR G2 routers, CME license does not require a license file.  I have to accept the EULA to convert the licenses from Eval to Right to use.

There is something making confusion for me.

For ISR G2 router with IOS Version 15.2(2)T1; does it by default has CME-SRST license or we should order CME license either for feature or seats?

If we should order it; then for our case, we ordered seven routers and just ordered two CME-SRST licenses; on which two routers do CME feature runs?

How could I know that?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

CME just like SRST licenses are right to use paper licenses and as you indicated all you need to do is accept the license. Also SRST and CME licenses are interchangeable.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

Thank you Chris. I understand that I could enable CME on any two routers of the seven routers I got. Is it correct? What if I enable CME on all of them? The RTU paper licenses I got are identical.

What you mean by "SRST and CME licenses are interchangeable"?

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

CME just like SRST licenses are right to use paper licenses and as you indicated all you need to do is accept the license. Also SRST and CME licenses are interchangeable.

HTH,

Chris

Thank you Chris. I understand that I could enable CME on any two routers of the seven routers I got. Is it correct? What if I enable CME on all of them? The RTU paper licenses I got are identical.

What you mean by "SRST and CME licenses are interchangeable"?

I noticed above  a 100% correct and clear answer by Chris has been misrated with a meager '3'.
That should never be done.

I've rated it again to partially compensate this mistake.

... and then.. made a mistake too in rating another post

Hi Paolo,

Chris reply is 100 % correct it was helpful for me as I rated his reply. But if you read my initial question you will find that I ask for spesific point.

Thank you Paolo.

Thank Paolo, much appreciated!

Mohamed, no sweat, we are all trying to help out here, hopefully my other response is better, also similar question has been asked few times in the past, so if we are unable to answer you exactly you may want to try searching for other useful responses.

Good day!

Chris

>>  I understand that  I could enable CME on any two routers of the seven routers I got. Is it  correct?

If you bough SRST/CME licenses for only 2 routers then you can only legally enable it on 2 of the routers you bough it for. 

>> What if I enable CME on all of them? The RTU paper licenses I  got are identical.

Technically these are not enforced, however legally you are braking licensing agreement if you enable it

>>What you mean by "SRST and CME licenses are interchangeable"?

SRST license is the same as CallManager Express routers, so if you bought one it can be used as the other

HTH,

Chris

Thank you Chris

Now you could get the five stars .

I did several telephone calls and several E-Mails with Cisco partners but I found my information is more than what they have. It seams that the new license procedure is not clear enough for many people.

Thank you again