Views
Helpful
Replies

CME with SIP trunk

j.huizinga
Level 6
Level 6

Hi

I have a CME with a SIP trunk and SIP phones (78XX). It seems the SIP phones send out register messages also to the SIP provider. How can we block these?

I know for SCCP phones there is a command, but when I apply this command on the SIP phones they won't register anymore to the CME

Any idea?

Thanks

JH

3 Replies 3

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

are you using the bind command to define the IP address/interface to which the CME box signals?

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Hi,

No bind commands, otherwise the SIP trunk won't register

From the ISR, interface 0/0/0 is used for the CME. And Interface 0/0/1 has a real IP address connected to the SIP provider

When I use the bind command with the 0/0/0 interface, the SIP trunk won't register, when I use the 0/0/1 for binding, the CME phones won't register. So I don't have bind commands under the voice services voip/sip

The CME phones register correctly and the SIP trunk registers correctly. We only see that the SIP messages also are send to the SIP provider. We would like to stop that (if possible)

Paul Kazzi
Level 1
Level 1

Under "voice register dn x" try the "no-reg" command.

Be sure to no create profile and create profile and reset phone to apply this change

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: