cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME

clarkem73
Level 1
Level 1

Do I need to install CME on a CISCO 2911 cme-srst router (IOS Version 15.5(3)M) if I need to register cisco SIP and SCCP ip-phones.

Should I extract phone firmware to a specific location in flash:

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

If you are talking about installing CME tar file into 2911 for CME functionality, it isn't mandatory but highly recommended to get CME GUI interface, ringtones, default dial-rules for SIP, etc.

If you downloaded the full tar file, then phones firmware is included. But as mentioned by Aaron, you need the firmware for CME function not SRST.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

For CME yes, for SRST, no.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi,

If you are talking about installing CME tar file into 2911 for CME functionality, it isn't mandatory but highly recommended to get CME GUI interface, ringtones, default dial-rules for SIP, etc.

If you downloaded the full tar file, then phones firmware is included. But as mentioned by Aaron, you need the firmware for CME function not SRST.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: