Views
Helpful
Replies

Compare Configuration

opnineopnine
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

With the cucm 10.x is there any way I can compare 2 cisco ip phones configuration?

thanks.

4 Replies 4

will.alvord
Level 5
Level 5

I'm sure that someone will chime in if this is something that a 3rd party app or Prime can do, but natively out of the box - no. You can open 2 windows side by side and do a stare and compare, or do a bulk export and do the same, or a db query from the cli and do the same.

You can however do a super copy which copies all settings, and then modify the line(s) to suit your needs. Then you can be assured that the phone configs are identical.

cheers,

will

hello will

Which of the primes will do the job?

Thanks

No idea. Haven't spent much time with Prime yet. Not even sure if it even can do it. What I had meant was that a phone compare isn't stock functionality, but that it might be possible via Prime or a 3rd party tool but that someone else will likely chime in if that's the case. Unfortunately, I can't speak to that.

Hi,

in CUCM Publisher > Bulk Administration > Phones > Export Phones > Specific Details > select the Phones, you can generate a .CSV file and make a comparison in Excel.

Hope this helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: