cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Compatibility requirements between phones and UCCE

mseebeck
Level 1
Level 1

Are there compatibility requrements directly between UCCE ICM version and Cisco phone model.  I believe if a phone is compatible with the Call Manager release and the Call Manager relelase is compatibile with the ICM release then ICM and Agent desktop (or Finesse) will work with that phone.  Is this correct?  I have been told otherwise but have found no documentation for Phone/ICM compatibility.

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

You can check the IP phone compatibilty here for your specific version query;

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Unified_CCE_Software_Compatibility_Matrix_for_10.5(x)#IP_Phone_Support

Cheers!

Rob

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No it is not correct that the phone models which are supported with CUCM will work for UCCE as well in case if that CM version is compatible with UCCE. You should always check the UCCE compatibility matrix which Rob provided for the list of supported IP phones or any other thing you want to know from UCCE persepctive. That infact should be your very first document to check anything related to compatbility with UCCE.

Regards

Deepak

Thanks the fast response Rob and Deepak.

I see from the 10.5 document that the features affected are video, RSM, Agent Greeting, and Whisper.  We do not use those.

Our system is currently ICM 8.5 and CUCM 8.6.  CUCM 8.6 supports the 8851.  The ICM 8.5 document makes no mention of 88xx phones either way.  We are adding 8851 phones to the CUCM 8.6 which will work fine for admin phones.  Is it possible that they will work as agent phones with ICM 8.5 except for those features mentioned above?

Best Regards,

Michael

Michael,

It's just not about those features, you can definitely use 88xx phones as agents phone and it will work as well. But the thing is if anything does not work as intended and I am here taking a simple example of not able to answer calls using 88xx phones the first thing TAC will ask you to use supported phone models.

So the question here is just not about getting them work initially but it is about after support from TAC as well that I am sure you would not want to miss.

Regards

Deepak