Views
Helpful
Replies

Conference on analog extension

dmitryklimenkov
Level 1
Level 1

HI all !

I have a task to get the wireless conference phone. I use CUCM 8.5(1).

At the moment the only possibility is to have the third-party wireless spider (conf) phone as Polycom or Konftel and connect it to analog extension via ATA 187. Two questions here -

1. Would that work ever ? And if yes, how to use it ?

2. If anybody knows aboyt the wireless conf device that is connected via DECT or other wireless protocol to the base station which can be connected to VoIP Cisco infrastructure ?

Thanx for the advice.

Regards,

Dmitry.

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Dmitry,

We use the Polycom SoundStation2W DECT 6.0 quite successfully with

Cisco Analog FXS ports. There should be no problems using this model

with the ATA187 or VG224/248 Analog configs. The nice thing about them

is that 6.0 does not interfere with any 2.4 GHz wireless infrastructure you may

have in the area

http://www.polycom.com/global/documents/support/sales_marketing/products/voice/soundstation2w-dect-datasheet.pdf

Cheers!

Rob

Hello Rob,

Thank you for the great advice. I have a spare SoundStation2 in front of me now connected to ATA 187. My main questions are:

1. How to organize a conference from this phone ?

2. If i have a call in progress and have a second(third) incoming call, how to join them to the conference ?

FOr the moment it looks that i can use Polycom Soundstation (both wired and wireless) only as a simple phone with a great loudspeaker.

If you have any link to documentation or anything of the knd, please, let me know.

Warm regards,

Dmitry

hi Dmitry

Check your Service Parameters on CUCM. I'm pretty sure in there are the "*" codes that can be used by analog devices to activate some enhanced functions such as transfer, conference etc.

Barry

Thanx Barry, i found those codes in the Service Parameters, but i would like to know how to use them, e.g.

How to establich the conference ?

How to join second/third participant to the conference ?

etc..

I browsed through the documentation and did not find anything about it.