Views
Helpful
Replies

CTI Route Point shared line

David Hunt
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Friends,

I apologize in advance if this is a basic question. Due to employee turnover I just inherited our Cisco Voip system....

What I thought was a very simple task is turning out to be harder than I imagined.

I have a multple line phone and I want to add a second line (x 2274)

When I go to add the extension onto the phone I recieve an error saying

"Update Failed: Shared line feature is not supported"

In looking further into this issue I uncover that 2274 is not a regular phone extension but something known as a CTI Route Point...

So my question is this... How can I add a CTI route point number onto a phone so an end user can check messages like a normal extension?

I did find something online answered but the answer was not all that clear to me.....

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/299166

Any help would be greatly appreciated

David

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David,

Since you already have the mailbox with DN 2274, and all you want to do is allow access to if from line 2 on phones, simply delete the current cti rp with DN 2274, and add this DN to the phones, also set the callFwdAll desition to VM as it is currently on the cti rp DN.

All of the above is done on CallManager, you should not be doing anything in voicemail based on what you are describing in your inital post.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you r using unity or unity connection u cam use the bellow method

Plz mote this one way of multiple ways u could do it

Let's say the cti number us 2274

And u want a user to check voice mail left for that number I am

Assuming in the unity there is voice mail nix with number 2274 of the cti

Go to the setting of that mail box and add a new dummy number as alternate number let's say 5000

Mow on the user phone add new line with extension 5000

The user mow can hit the line 5000 button then hit the message button on the phne and will go to 2274 mail box

Make sure to put the right voice mail profile and CSS when u creat the new line

Good luck

If helpful rate

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Simplest solution would be to delete the cti rp, or remove the DN from the device and assign this DN to the phone.

HTH,

Chris

While I agree that solution would be the simpliest I think I run the risk of loosing all of the messages. I would like to try marwanshawi answer but I am still un clear...

Messages on not stored on CallManager, they are stored on voicemail system, so re-configuring DN on CUCM will not delete them, it is just a pointer to the mailbox DN.

Chris

Hi Chris,

Yes I just noticed that.. So just to be clear... I should be working in call manager and not unity?

So, my understanding is... I need to forward the voice mail messages to another "unused" DN.. then add this new DN to the phone as line 2?

David

David,

Since you already have the mailbox with DN 2274, and all you want to do is allow access to if from line 2 on phones, simply delete the current cti rp with DN 2274, and add this DN to the phones, also set the callFwdAll desition to VM as it is currently on the cti rp DN.

All of the above is done on CallManager, you should not be doing anything in voicemail based on what you are describing in your inital post.

HTH,

Chris

Thanks Chris,

That is exactly what I did and it worked like a charm. The key for me was realizing the the messages where still stored in unity.

What I did was disassoiate the CTI Route point with the DN.

Then I simply added the DN as line two....

Thanks again

David