Views
Helpful
Replies

Conference phone for CUCM 7.1.5 (DLU?)

kasper123
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I'm looking for a conference phone that is compatible with CUCM 7.1.5.

I see the models 7937G and 8831.

Are they compatible with CUCM 7.1.5 and is there any information about how many DLU they consume?

Regards.

20 Replies 20

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Both the Conference stations are compatible with CUCM 7.1(5). 8831 requires CUCM 7.1(5)+

7937G consumes 3 DLU and 8831 consumes public space lic is required.

regds,

aman

+5 to Aman. Just also to confirm, CUCM 7.1(5) uses UCL licensing rather than DLUs, so you will need to order a public space UCL license for either of these. (These get converted to DLUs at time of order... confusing, yes, I know....)

HTH

Barry Hesk

Intrinsic Network Soluitons.

Barry you got me confused. So far when we buy a new phone (let's say 6921) we buy it as spare (CP-6921-C-K9=) and then buy the required DLU licensees.

Is something diferent with 7937G and 8831?

Regards.

Hi

Please don't shoot the messenger!

As of CUCM version 7.1(5) Cisco have stated that you shouldn't order DLUs for CUCM as the licensing model has been replaced by either UCL or CUWL.

I answered the attached link a couple of months ago

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2128672

The really confusing thing is that when you buy UCL or CUWL for version 7 or version 8, Cisco licensing send you a PAK key that contains, yes, DLUs. The user based licensing that UCL/CUWL is meant to enable isn't supported until CUCM 9.x.

However, officially ALL of your licenses that you buy once you get to 7.1(5) should be UCL or CUWL for ALL new phones.

HTH.

Barry Hesk

Intrinsic Network Solutions.

Hi ,

In addition to what Mr. Barry has said, u can refer the link for better understanding on  UCL .

http://media.gswi.westcon.com/media/Website%20OneX/website%202010/Cisco%20User%20Connect%20Licensing%20-%20FAQ.pdf

regds,

aman

kasper123
Level 4
Level 4

Well we moved from 7.0.2 to 7.1.5 because we needed a feature. Since they were both CUCM version 7 I had no idea this was such a big change.

We have continued to buy phones and have been adding DLU licenses since.

Does this work because the new licensing model is not enforced or what?

How are we to proceed now?

Hi ,

You need to place order as per UCLs.Once u receive the PAK Codes, generate license and upload them.

At the backened, it would be still  DLU's.You can check the licensing Report prior to loading and after uploading licnese file.

regds,

aman

What aboult all the DLU's we have been adding since the upgrade?

Regards.

If the DLUs are showing in the license report, they will be fine.

Hi ,

Those DLUs u might have ordered prior to upgrdae.

DLUs would be still there. Once u generate lic file with PAK Code consiting of say 10 DLUs , then, in licensing report u would get +10 units.

regds,

aman

We have ordered DLU's AFTER the upgrade and have been adding them.

If as you say we still get DLU's that we generate with the PAK code than the system does not distingish wether we buy DLU's or UCL's?

Regards.

Hi,

It is a just matter of ordering to Cisco .What I know?

At backened,it is DLU.

regds,

aman

kasper123
Level 4
Level 4

So can someone tell me what license (P/N) we should order if we want to add one 7937G and five 6921 phones to our CUCM 7.1.5 cluster?

Regards.

Hi,

I guess it would be PUBLIC-IP-DEVADD for Conference station.

For 6921, you can go for Enhanced License LIC-CUCM-USR-A

Please check with Pre-Sales person before placing the order.

regds,

aman