cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

conference station 7936, can I change its MAC address?

Hi all,

one of our customer has complained about not working (unregistered) 7936 conference station.

He has sent me the IP address of the conference station, so I was able to to check its setting.

I have found, that its MAC address has changed from original value 00E075F31843 to ee0e0e0e0e0e somehow!

I have changed conference station configuration in the Callmanager, so that user could continue using it. (We are using CUCM version 7.1.5.)

Does anybody knows how to change the conference station MAC address back?

4 Replies 4

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I am not sure I understand your question. Do you want to change the MAC address on CUCM?

Please rate useful posts

"For the love of God is broader than the measure of man's mind And the heart of the Eternal is most wonderfully kind"

Please rate all useful posts

No, I want to change the MAC address of the conference station. I know, that documentation says that it's not possible, but it had happened somehow .

That is really strange because mac addresses are hardcoded to the phone. Try and do a factory reset and see if the original mac comes back

Please rate useful posts

"For the love of God is broader than the measure of man's mind And the heart of the Eternal is most wonderfully kind"

Please rate all useful posts

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That is not supposed to ever happen.

Unit may have failed and need replacement.