Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuration Suggestions

Mike Brooks
Level 1
Level 1

I have a request to configure a call routing or flow as follows:

Inbound call from pstn arrives on PRI attached to Cisco IOS gateway.  The gateway is connected to Call Manager via SIP trunk.  The request is for the inbound call to a particular number should ring to internal DN1 > ring to internal DN2 > ring to internal DN3 > ring to external cell phone1 > ring to external cell phone2 > ring to external cell phone3 > send to a VM box on Unity Connection.

The call should be sent to the next destination in sequence if that DN is busy or the call is unanswered.

We are running:

Unified CM and Unity Connection.  Both are v10.5.2

Any suggestions would be appreciated on how this might be accomplished.

Mike

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

A line group can only contain CUCM's DNs, no external numbers. Phones in a line group with SNR will also ring the external devices. There is no way to hunt thru external devices with call forward settings as CUCM will lose all control of the call.

So, you need to configure 3 phones (with/without SNR up to you) as the 3 phones you want, + 3 phones WITH SNR to ring those external devices (adjust the timers so mobile's VM doesn't take the call), then use the CFNA/CFB from the hunt group to send to CUC.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
You make make a translation pattern to translate the called number to a hunt group pilot. The Hunt group can be sequential or Top Down for you and leave the hunt options to default for No answer and busy. It should serve your purpose.

Can you comment as whether it's possible to include external numbers in a hunt group.  I've read some messages that say it can't be done.  Of course I may have interpreted something wrong as well. 

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The only way to do that is to combine line groups + SNR

HTH

java

Please provide a few more details on what you mean by 'combine line groups + SNR'.  I familiar with what SNR is and have configured it a few times but I don't see how I can match the call flow I'm being asked for with that.

Thanks,

Mike

A line group can only contain CUCM's DNs, no external numbers. Phones in a line group with SNR will also ring the external devices. There is no way to hunt thru external devices with call forward settings as CUCM will lose all control of the call.

So, you need to configure 3 phones (with/without SNR up to you) as the 3 phones you want, + 3 phones WITH SNR to ring those external devices (adjust the timers so mobile's VM doesn't take the call), then use the CFNA/CFB from the hunt group to send to CUC.

HTH

java

I appreciate the explanation.  I'll set this up and give it a try next week.