cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configure Overly on CUCM

ievalleyccie
Level 1
Level 1

Can I configure 2 DNs on the same Button on IP Phone with CUCM like the overlay in CME ?

10 Replies 10

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No, you would have to build a translation pattern to route the other number to the DN.

HTH,

Chris

yahsiel2004
Level 7
Level 7

What Chris said is one option. You could do the following:

Primary Partition
Primary CSS

Second Partition
Second CSS

1st phone
DN 1000 (Primary Partition)(Primary CSS)
CFWD 1000 (Second CSS)

2nd Phone
DN 1000 (Second Partition) (Second CSS)

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

ievalleyccie
Level 1
Level 1

thanks Chris and yahsiel for your replies.

The Idea is that I'd like assign two DNs (1000,2000) on the same button so that  the others call any of 1000 or 2000 .

The same concept of the Overlay on CME as below

ephone-dn 1 

number 1000

!

ephone-dn 2 dual-line

number 2000

ephone 1

button 1o1,2

Hi,

As Chris said in the first response(+5), use a translation pattern to traslate the second number to the first.

1st phone line 1

DN 1000

2nd number (Translation Pattern)

DN 2000

Translation Mask 1000

This means to calls to 1000 and 2000 end up ringing on phone 1 line 1.

Does this not meet the 'overlay' requirement?

Hope this helps,

Craig

(Please rate helpful posts)

Yes but I am not sure if i can use the both numbers as shared number with bardge too or not if we used that technique

Hi,

If you want to have the configuration like:-

1st phone line 1

DN 1000

2st phone line 1

DN 1000

3rd phone line 1

DN 1000

2nd number (Translation Pattern)

DN 2000

Translation Mask 1000

You will be able to barge, as long as you configure it correctly and the phones have a built in bridge.

It might be better to explain what your trying to achieve as shared line / barge was not mentioned until your last post.

Hope this helps,

Craig

(PLEASE RATE HELPFUL POSTS)

ievalleyccie
Level 1
Level 1

I have 8 phones (Agents) with single button and each one has Extension Mobility with the following single DN ( 1001,10002,10003 ........,1008) and Supervisor phone with 8 Buttons with Extension Mobility also but the profile has the 8 DNs (1001,1002 ....... 1008) .

So if anyone from PSTN dialed 1001 , both the Agent and the Supervisor(1st line) should ring and the Supervisor can barge the call too .

Hi,

Thanks for the description I now understand what your try to achieve and I think that you can easily make agent and supervisor line 1 ring at the same time using either broadcast hunt groups or SNR but this will not allow you to barge or you can build the supervisor their line one number and seven shared line and the calls will ring of the shared line and barge will work but there are two problems with this from your description you will need nine buttons (supervisor + eight agents) and the incoming agent calls won't be on line one of the supervisor phone.

Hope this helps,

Craig

(PLEASE RATE HELPFUL POSTS)

It is easy to replace the supervisor ip phone to have 12 Buttons but the problem is in the idea itself and how can i apply it

When you say "agent" do you mean contact center agent using either UCCE or UCCX? If so, shared lines are not supported for contact centers. 

As explained before you cannot tie 2 extensions to single DN on CUCM as you can on CME, so the only feasible way is to simply translate to it via TP.

If this is non contact cnter environment having shared lines as you have is OK, and to allow barging onto the calls you just need to disable privacy on the phones.

HTH,

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: