Views
Helpful
Replies

Configure SD from End User not updated automatically

mudasserilyas
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys, 

We have a customer which is using Cisco Phone 8961. User is configured to use End User page and update his custom settings from end user page. End User added some SD buttons to his phone but it is not appearing in the actual phone. 

When from Admin page I checked, the phone successfully got the SD configuration configured by the End User from End User page. I need to restart the phone from the system to update it while it should restart automatically. 

Now End User is configuring the SD successfully, but he is contacting me to restart the phone from Admin page. Is there anyway tor resolve the issue? Either there should be a way to automatically update the config on actual phone, or a way to restart the phone from the End User page. 

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is replication working OK in the cluster?

What version is this?

The phone screen should just flicker for a second and then get the new SD as you configure them

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Yes, replication is working fine. Version is 10.0
The issue is only this, that the phone is not automatically restarting or updating its configuration when SD is changed from End User page.
You are right, it should flicker for a sec to update and download new config, but I have to do it manually from admin page for the user.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: