cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

configure two lines on one IP phone with different deivce pool

melsoly73
Level 1
Level 1

I have two extension line one Cisco IP phone, we need to assign different device pool to each extension. is that possible

so the phone shall have two device pool. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No Need for creating different Device Pools Here. I am assuming you are using the Local Route Group Option on The Device Pool. Let me know if otherwise.

1) For the extension 6112 you want to use FXO lines so put the Phone in device pool which will route the calls to FXO Lines.

2) For Ext 4230 you cannot use Local Route Group Now. You have to create all the Route Patterns in a Separate Partition specifically pointing to VG with PRI. Create a New CSS and Apply the CSS on the Line LEvel of the 6112.

*** Please rate helpful post; Mark "Accept as a Solution" if applicable

Thanks,
Haris

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Adarsh_Chauhan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

The phone cannot have two device pool.

Why are you trying to have two device pool on same phone, what exactly is the goal.

Regards,

Adarsh Chauhan

Please mark helpful or Correct

because we have two different line  on this phone each line belong to different location

You will have to take one as primary and other as secondary. Use primary line's location as Device Pool.
Is there a specific setting/configuration which you would like to be different for the two lines which is only available on Device or Devicepool?

Regards,
Adarsh Chauhan
Please mark as helpful or Correct

"which you would like to be different for the two lines which is only available on Device or Devicepool" each line should have different route to make the call for Example :when making outgoing call :

• 6112 ex shall route to Voice gateway which have FXO lines
  • other ex 4230 shall route to Voice gateway which have PRI line

each Voice gateway  is listed in different devicePool as they located in different location.

What i can think is as following.

1) make a redundant dial plan in different parition all together and assign the CSS on the Line configuration.

2) do translation to reject the call on gateway on basis of calling number and failover it the other gateway. (I haven't tested this but i know that you can change the gateway reject reason code and make CUCM failover)

Regards,

Adarsh Chauhan

Please mark helpful or Correct

No Need for creating different Device Pools Here. I am assuming you are using the Local Route Group Option on The Device Pool. Let me know if otherwise.

1) For the extension 6112 you want to use FXO lines so put the Phone in device pool which will route the calls to FXO Lines.

2) For Ext 4230 you cannot use Local Route Group Now. You have to create all the Route Patterns in a Separate Partition specifically pointing to VG with PRI. Create a New CSS and Apply the CSS on the Line LEvel of the 6112.

*** Please rate helpful post; Mark "Accept as a Solution" if applicable

Thanks,
Haris

Thanks Haris,

yes , We are using the Local Route Group Option.

I'll try your recommendation  and feed you back