Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring Tone on Hold

Dominic Ellis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

This is following on from a question I asked yesterday and got some useful feedback from so thanks.

However I have a further query:

I need to change one of our sites to use Tone on Hold instead of Music on Hold.

I have been through and checked the phone lines, device, removed the MRGL from DP and finally

removed MOH from the MRGs. I have rebooted the test phone and still I get the music on hold.

Presumably the phone is then looking to it's default settings on the cluster parameters.

Can anyone advise on how I can configure Tone of Hold to force the phones to use at 1 site only.

i am using call manager 7.1.5

Regards

Dominic

11 Replies 11

Hi Dominic.

On ip phone line, try to select a network and user music on hold audio source an empty line.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Thanks Carlo - that works - Just need to find the best way to set this for the whole site.

Hi.

You can use Bulk Administration tool to achieve this.

HTH

Please rate helpful posts.

Carlo

Thanks Carlo - I was wondering if this can be done at a lower level than line, ie. we use common device configuration and there is the options for MOH, as the problem with updating with BAt is that when a new phone is put on people will forget to change these options.

Hi Dominic.

The easiest way is to delete all moh audio source from "Media Resources"  -->> "Music On Hold Audio Source".

Regards

Carlo

Thanks Carlo - but wouldn't that stop all MOh from working across all sites?

Ok.

So the option is using bulk.

Regards

Please rate helpful posts.

HTH

Carlo

Hi Dominic,

In order to update in entire site, u can use bulk administration tool.

After restarting the phones in the site, u need to restart Voice media streaming service.

Line is the lowest level where you set the MOH, nothing has higher precedence.

And I told you yesterday that it would work, assuming you didn't leave the MOH in the default MRG, which appears to be what you done.

SRND explains where you can configure MOH

MoH Selection

To determine which User and Network Audio Source configuration setting to apply in a particular case, Unified CM interprets these settings for theholder device in the following priority order:

1. Directory or line setting (Devices with no line definition, such as gateways, do not have this level.)

2. Device setting

3. Common Device Configuration setting

4. Cluster-wide default setting

Unified CM also interprets the MRGL configuration settings of the holdee device in the following priority order:

1. Device setting

2. Device pool setting

3. System default MoH resources

Note that system default MoH resources are resources that are not assigned to any MRG and they are always unicast.

It depends on where you have it configured.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks Jamie - My difficulty is understanding what the system default MOH resources are. Is this the cluster-wide default set in the call manager?

So for instance I have checked a test setup, there is no user or network MOH on the line, device, common config or DP.

It still plays MOH so the default MOH resources are the ones set in the cluster wide parameters?

So the only way to stop MOH for one site within many on a cluster is to set at line level with a user and network hold with an empty source.