cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Copy existing wallpaper from Cisco 8851

Spaniard141
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to copy the Wallpaper from a phone to upload to CUCM for use with other phones? I have a phone with an older SIP image that has a wallpaper in the phone (not from tftp) the rest of the phones have a newer SIP image and I would like to use the wallpaper from the other phone but don't know how to retrieve it.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The default/built-in background from the phone is embedded into the phone FW and thus you cannot retrieve it from the device

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

moe2
Level 1
Level 1

go to OS admin from call manager. and try to get to Directory of the image file then you can download it. thanks!

/Moe 

Cisco Unified Operating System Administration > TFTP File Management > search for the image ends with .png 

Get to the directory and from there you can download it 

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
You can extract it from OS Admin > TFTP section. Also, you would want to refer this wallpaper through a List.xml that the phone would request in order to request/apply the wallpaper.
You can search CSC, there are numerous posts on List.xml editing etc. It's not really complex.

This is the wallpaper that comes with the phone out of the box so it is not in Call Manager. When other newer phones connect to call manager the get the additional wallpapers in the list.xml file but not that one because it came with the older phone from factory.

I have reviewed all .png files in call manager OS Admin > TFTP File Management just to be sure and I can't find it there. 

The default/built-in background from the phone is embedded into the phone FW and thus you cannot retrieve it from the device

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

This is what I was afraid of.... Thank you

Not sure if you'd get a hit but you can click a high resolution pic of that wallpaper and do a reverse image search https://reverse.photos/ and try to get the original image which can be modified and put into the TFTP for the phones to download.

Please rate if you find this helpful.

Regards,
Aeby

Please rate if you find this helpful.

Regards,
Aeby
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: