cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Corporate Automatic Number Identification Policies

JimPatch01
Level 1
Level 1

The healthcare system that I work for is rolling out Unified Communications Manager at each of it's acute care facilities and eventually all the clinics, administrative offices.

The legacy systems that are being replaced ANI whatever trunk number they happen to grab for that outbound call. Since UCM can ANI just about anything you tell it to, I'm looking to put together a policy that prevents us from opening a can of worms. If anyone has set policy for ANI and can or cares to share it, it would be appreciate it. I'd rather not reinvent the wheel.

Thank you.

3 Replies 3

Clifford McGlamry
Spotlight
Spotlight

Multiple possibilities, but they boil down to a few choices.

If they have DID, and they are okay presenting it outbound, you can use the mask + extension number and present the DID.

If they have DID and do NOT want to present caller ID of the DID, you can fill in the mask as the main number for the facility.

If it's an internal extension that does not have a DID, you would put the main number of the facility in the mask field.

Of course, you could always block and present nothing at all, but that's not done very often.

Cliff

Cliff,

Thanks. I'm aware of all that. The issue is more political than technical in this case. I'm looking more for what we should do vice what we can do.

Thanks again.  

Ok.  Simpler answer.

You should not send a number you don't own.  Possible exceptions might be if you're dealing with an office extension for someone who normally works at another location.  But definately you should not be sending something on a number you have no relationship/ownership of.

But sending no number, or sending numbers you own is no problem.

Cliff