cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Corporate Directory config for CUCM8.6

ievalleyccie
Level 1
Level 1

I have CUCM8.6 and after the IP Phones registered I can't find the Ip phones in the Corporate Directory .

Which Config Should I do to see the IP Phones there ?

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

Here we go

Two options exist for using directory information:

To  use the Cisco Unified Communications Manager database for users, create  users in the End User Configuration window to add to the database  (password, names, device association, and so forth). Authentication  takes place against the information that is configured in Cisco Unified  Communications Manager Administration. End users and administrators can  make password changes if this method is used. This method does not entail LDAP synchronization.

To use the Corporate LDAP directory, the following steps must take place:

For  users to use their LDAP corporate directory passwords, you must  configure LDAP authentication (System > LDAP > LDAP  Authentication).

You  cannot configure LDAP authentication unless you first configure LDAP  synchronization. Doing so blocks further end user configuration in Cisco  Unified Communications Manager Administration.

Tip Keep  in mind that configuring authentication is optional. If authentication  is not enabled, administrators and end users have two passwords, a  corporate directory password and a Cisco Unified Communications Manager  password.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_6_1/ccmsys/a04direc.html

Cheers!

Rob

"Why not help one another on the way" - Bob Marley

So I should create users and associate them with the IP Phones ?

Yes if you decided to build local users (as outlined by Rob, +5 for detailed response), though keep in mind if you do so users will have to maintain separate passwords on CUCM for access to ccmuser pages, etc. if you can it is always recommended to integrate to an LDAP server.

Chris

So I should create users and each one has different password right?

Chris is most correct that it is always most desirable

to integrate via LDAP if at all possible +5 "C-Man"

Cheers!

Rob

"Why not help one another on the way" - Bob Marley