Views
Helpful
Replies

CP-6941 convert to SIP

Boris Zubanov
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have a couple of 6941 IP phones (9.0.2.0 SCCP) and trying to flash them with SIP 9.2.2.7 using standalone tftp server (just want to use them with Asterisk). And still failing to form correct XMLDefault.cnf.xml file. Anyone could help me with that? My .xml is below:

<Default>

<callManagerGroup>

<members>

<member priority="0">

<callManager>

<ports>

<ethernetPhonePort>2000</ethernetPhonePort>

</ports>

<processNodeName>[tftp server address]</processNodeName>

</callManager>

</member>

</members>

</callManagerGroup>

<loadInformation496 model="Cisco IP Phone 6941">SIP69xx.9-2-2-7</loadInformation496>

</Default>

phone downloads the xml and seems just ignores it proceeding with attempts to load rtl-sccp.jar. At the same time simple SEP[phone-mac-address].cnf.xml with simple:

<device>

<loadInformation model="Cisco IP Phone 6941">SIP69xx.9-2-2-7</loadInformation>

</device>

strings inside flashes the phone perfectly. But I want to develop an environment to convert phones automatically without creating any personalized config files. I suspect "496" substring is wrong in <loadInformation> tag, but it's the only i have managed to google. What is the correct identifier for 6941 phones or where the problem is at all?

Thanks to all beforehand.

3 Replies 3

Raul Motta
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Boris,

Did you get any response?

I am trying to setup a 6941 to work with Trixbox and I have same problems.

Regards,

Nisar Ahamad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Boris,

Is this issue resolved? I am facing same issue in creating  XMLDefault.cnf.xml file.

Thanks to all in advance.

Regards

Does anyone have a working SEPMAC.cnf.xml file for the 6900 phones they could share?  I'm having trouble with mine.  I copied one that works with my 7900s with SIP / TCP but no dice.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: